Good Necro Kiting Zones for Mid 50's?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by James, Nov 2, 2013.

1. James Augur

I am trying to find somewhere to fear kite for mid to upper 50's for a Necro. I am jumping back into my Necro at mid levels and not doing well starting off fresh in dungeons and closed in areas. I need to learn again where I can kite stuff and relearn how to play this guy.

What are some good xp spots for mid to upper 50's to kite in? I've had enough of this dieing crap lol. Catching adds left and right and FD'ing but not being able to protect my pet/merc so need to learn in an area I can kite in and not catch constant adds, somewhere I have room to work ... least till I get the hang of this again. Suggestions?
  2. Pyemia Elder

Suggestions:

1. Get a merc. Journeyman 1. If you can, use Krono and get at least a second (services, including the service to get an extra merc slot, are half off this weekend). The warrior merc may still be best for you at that level. It will tank a couple of reds at a time and do fine. At some point, you'll want to switch to a healer merc, who will heal your pet.

2. Follow the hot zones. You can see a list of them, here: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:hotzones

Oh, just a note that I hate Corathus Deep. You might find things differently, but just a suggestion to skip that particular hot zone.

Pick up the hot zone quests from
    Franklin Teek in PoK (he's just outside the guild hall). The quests are good XP and they gain you a minor item for slots not covered by the regular defiant gear. Speaking of which...

3. Get Defiant Gear. Sells pretty cheap in the Bazaar. It will give you a leg up when fighting.

4. All spells for Necros are purchasable in the PoK up to level 90 (I think). The 90-95 are sold in Argath and the 95-100 spells are sold in Shards Landing. You don't have to research or buy spells in the Bazaar at ridiculous prices. Just get them from the vendors.

Good luck!
  3. Xnao Augur

At level 50 plane of mischief made my world go round.

Hot zones are likely better though.
  4. Pyemia Elder

Oh, and even though it's not a hot zone, Acrylia Caverns is a good place to go near your level. Not sure...you may have to wait until 55.
  5. Naugrin Augur

Try agro kiting in blackfeather roost. Fear kiting is dead so you might as well brush up on your standard kiting.
  6. Vivamort Augur

I liked Dulak's Harbor.. Fear kiting off the boat.. they walk straight down the dock.. easy peezy. Then moved to Toragin mines and fear kited in the bridge room back and forth over the bridge.
  7. strongbus Augur

agreed with this at higher levels fear kiting is dead. you find your self agro kiting/pet tanking/root rotting depending on what and where you are fighting so the sooner you get those skills up the better.
  8. James Augur

Aggro Kiting? I guess I need an education on this :(
  9. Gladare Augur

It's just solo kiting, but you have other people in group also. Kiter has to keep the aggro off everyone else which is easy for necros.
  10. Naugrin Augur

I meant regular kiting.....by maintaining top (or only) agro on mob.
  11. James Augur

I was watching a stream ther other night on Twitch with some Necro, was pretty high level, his pet (no merc) was tanking blues and white cons back to back non stop and his pet was not get ripped apart, how is this possible because I know now my pet can tank blue's with the help of a tank merc but it isnt non stop like I saw, and then everytime he ran low mana which was rare he would cast some spell and rejuv his mana full and keep going with his xping. I know I been gone a while now but this seemed a little too good to be true without doing something I dont know about.
  12. CrazyLarth Augur

ask in the necro channel but i bet they say pet aa and pet gear with full buffs on pet is now better to tank certion mobs would be my guess