good group class combinations for boxing

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by DamnataAnimus, Feb 20, 2017.

1. DamnataAnimus Elder

Hi

I am totally new to this game so im not sure what a group makeup for 6 boxing would be.
    I already sub six accounts in eq2 so thats not a problem.

At the moment I have a magician made to try out the game who while low level id like to keep.
    Looking for advice on other classes enchanter is a given so need 4 other classes.
    I'm thinking either a cleric or druid along with perhaps a bard and not sure on the last 2. I have a friend whos playing with me whos made a shadowknight so keep that in mind as I will be doing stuff with her too though id need a 6th (assuming thats the group size here) for when shes not online as I do play more usually.

While i have extensive multiboxing experience in eq2 i dont here but from what I can tell its a lot easier as you have far less abilitys to use at a time - eq2 i have 10hotbars open and 4 are just for combat use lol

Anyway, appreciate any advice or insight I can get. Thank you.
  2. NerfaMage New Member

What I play is the following:

Shadowknight
    Ranger
    Mage
    Chanter
    Cleric
    Wizard

This seems to work well for me. Could exchange Ranger for Zerker and would gain a boost to dps, but I don't seem to have any problems with EOK T2 names like this.
  3. Elsewhere Elder

Rather than list a slew of classes, it is more about covering certain aspects of the game, some of which are more important than others.

Having a healer (or a pure kite group)
    Having a tank to meatshield the group.
    Being able to rez dead people.
    Being able to pull a single mob from a pack rather than getting all of them.
    Having the ability to deal with adds, whether root parking, mezzing, off-tanking.
    Being able to snare runners to stop then fleeing at low health.
    Being able to buff your own group without begging others.
    Having a "oh !" button that saves your and takes your group to safety.
    Being able to interrupt spell-casting enemies.
    Being able to slow/debuff monsters
    Having enough DPS that your mobs don't die through boredom.

Most classes will do at least one of those things, many classes can do multiples. The choice of classes is dependant on personal preference and ease of boxing. Multiple melees can be very tricky to position, so wouldn't recommend more than 1 or 2.

My personal choice would be:
    Paladin - Tank role, Stuns Casters and I like them
    Shaman - Slower, buffer, healing
    Druid - Buffer, Healer, Snare duty, Evacs
    Magician x3 - Stuns for casters, good DPS, pets can off-tank adds - easy to box.

Paladin could easily be swapped for SK or Warrior, so its a pure personal preference thing, but that group covers most/all the bases and boxes 2-6 offer a good solid group with minimal keypresses, while being able to play mostly on box 1 (Tank).
  4. DamnataAnimus Elder

Thanks it gives me a few things to try.I'd read over class description on the various wikis and other sites but with only eq2 experience to draw it didn't help much, the two games are rather different in most ways, I play two conjurors in my eq2 box group and I can see where a lot of the spells conjurors get (eq2 version of magician they are in practice vastly different to each other.

Thanks again for the replies, appreciate them!
  5. Gundolin Augur

Not sure how experienced you are with the mechanics of the game. A lot of cross over from EQ2 but not 100%. You might want to start with 3 box and 3 merc before you go straight into 6 boxing. Or go Pet heavy so you don't have as many toons to switch between like 4 magicians, BL, Cleric.