Good Duo for TLP?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Grenlar, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Grenlar Journeyman

My Wife and I are returning to EQ after many years off. We have come back here and there over the years but last played seriously in PoP. We are looking for a good duo that will allow us to duo but also make for easy grouping later if we want.

We have done the Monk/Shammy duo before as well as a Wizard/Cleric duo. I have played a Paladin and Warrior in the past and enjoy tanking but it seems like duoing may be pretty slow with a Warrior/Cleric duo.

We are both open to suggestions right now. Reading the forums it sounds like Mages are seriously overdone. I don't want to pick any classes that are so abundant that finding a group can be too difficult. She has mentioned playing an Enchanter or Cleric. We will be playing on Lockjaw. So what's a good duo of in-demand classes?
  2. rekais910 Augur

I've been playing a shaman/sk duo and it's been nice. I will say though I miss tracking and splitting with SK takes a lil bit of practice. On the other hand you have a solid tank class that can hold agro and a healer/dotting class that can also keep mobs slowed which allows for tanking to be quite a bit easier.
  3. Hecula New Member

I'm doing Enchanter/Cleric and its alternatingly easy mode/hard mode depending on what you want to do but the play is challenging charming yellows and red undead. It's also two classes that seem in fair demand and that should even grow as expansions unlock. You can always take turns playing the chanter as the cleric is more easy mode in this duo.

Also keep in mind that this duo really shines after about 26 so stick with it.
  4. Necromonious Augur

YAY! I always wanted to be the first to do this in a thread:

Mage/mage
  5. Grenlar Journeyman

The only problem there Hecula is that I don't really have any desire to play a Cleric or Enchanter. I ended up rolling another Wizard and we played a few levels last night but I am not sure about this combo. I have played the Wizard before and really enjoy the class but we are just concerned that on this server it will be tougher for us with 2 cloth wearers going for the same equipment.
  6. Shinobou New Member

I'm playing a druid/wiz combo with my friend and it works well for duoing stuff and also for getting into groups (DPS/Back-up Healer). Chanter or cleric probably get groups a lot faster, but we can duo mobs while we wait for a group to open up or do quests, so it's quite alright. Plus potential for quad-kiting which ist quite fun as well :)
  7. Hexaholic Augur

That actually sounds like tons of fun! Good picks. Always able to get a group I bet.
  8. Hexaholic Augur

Shaman / Monk is a fun one. Or maybe Druid/Monk, then you have a porter. If you're looking at caster, then maybe try a Mage/Priest class, and just let the pet do the work.
  9. CarelessOpossum New Member

I rolled a Druid, and my buddy rolled an Enchanter on lockjaw, and it has been a wholly enjoyable experience so far.

We have SoW, and ports, and can get anywhere quickly without wasting time.
    We have Mana Regen.
    We have Charm-killed, Fear Kited, Root-Dotted, all effortlessly and efficiently.
    We have tracking to find rare/elusive spawns. It's seriously one of the best skills there is in classic.
    We've yet to set out to kill something that we haven't been able to pull off, indoors and out.
    We have the base of a good group (CC and Heals) if/when we want to group.

Anyhow, it's worth a consideration.

We have both remarked to each other while playing that we probably couldn't have picked a better overall duo, from a can do anything, time saving, quality of life standpoint.

It also seems to be remarkably easy to make money with our tool-set. At 38, I'm pretty much geared up with wisdom and focus effects, and have started spending money on alts.
  10. Laeinye Lorekeeper

Are Mages abundent? Yes, yes they are, but I'll tell you something, every single group wants more Mages. They don't wan't Monks, Rangers, Bards, Rogues, or Druids. I'm not saying any of those classes would be turned down, but if a Mage is LFG, that Mage will get invited first over all of those others. People wan't Mages, and they wan't them because they move their EXP bar faster than those other DPS classes.

You wife mentioned she would like to play a Enchanter or Cleric, either of those would be great with a Mage.
  11. TarewMarrForever Augur

I know everybody bashes mages and there are TONS of them, but Mage / Druid is a pretty rocking combo, especially if you think it is going to be just you two much of the time. Of course, they are the #1 and #2 classes on RF for a reason...

That's the combo my son and I are playing together and it is very effective. I just wish our DS stacked. :-(

However, if getting into groups is your primary concern, Cleric / Enchanter would be great.

Recently though it seems like everybody has created enchanters for their primary alt. There are tons running around. On RF if you look at most toons < 20, a very high percentage are chanters...