Gods We Have Not Killed Yet

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cloud the Third, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Cloud the Third Augur

We have not killed Erollisi Marr in any expansion... is there any other gods we have not gotten to kill?
    Zaray likes this.
  2. Axxius Augur

Veeshan. Size comparable to a planet. How would you fight that?

The Nameless. Wills everything into existence. Can stop willing you to exist if you bother it.

Of the ones that could make sense? Druzzil Ro, Luclin.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Povar, E'ci. Not sure if The Nameless, Quellious, Prexus, or Rodcet Nife counts.

Perhaps the 'Triumvirate of Water' is behind the Restless Ice?
  4. Axxius Augur

Quarm = Fennin Ro + The Rathe + Xegony + Povar + E'ci + Coirnav. The rest - yes. Kinda bummed that we never met Rodcet in TBM, just killed his evil GF at Quellious' request.
  5. Axxius Augur

Who is behind the restless ice is pretty obvious when you look at the map. ToV story line is almost entirely present in the group quest arc (except for Tserrina's part that fits between EW/GD and Velks/Kael). You can see that it's incomplete. I would expect New Velious Part 2 as the next expansion, with guess who as the final boss. ;)
    Whulfgar likes this.
  6. Lubianx Augur

7. Scorrpio Augur

And hope we never get to..
  8. Szilent Augur

I was thinking that'd be the Anniversary content
    Zaray and Sancus like this.
  9. Nniki Augur

Xev Bristlebane (if he's not just Fizzlethorpe)
    Vazaelle Kaleine
    Tholuxe Paells
    Torvonnilous
    Drinal
  10. Kovachs Lorekeeper

Someday, i hope we are afforded the chance to kill Veeshan, even though she is the creator of Norrath.

I remember when EQ came out it was rumored Veeshan was on the last island of Plane of Sky.
  11. That0neguy Augur

Pretty sure Quarm was just Fennin, Rathe, Xeg and Coirnav.
  12. Szilent Augur

Coirnav is himself an assemblage, though. Water, Ice, Vapor - Tarew, E'ci, Povar - together are the elemental water god.
  13. Triconix Augur

This isn't true. Quarm is just a manifestation/incarnation of the Gods' powers. It's simply a physical being created by the Gods coalescing their powers. Same thing with Coirnav. It isn't a God, just a physical avatar, containing some of the essence of the Triumvirate of Water that watches over the Plane of Water.

When I think of it, I don't believe we have killed any God in its true form. We've only killed their Avatars/manifestations. Just like reality, we can only comprehend things in the 3rd dimension. Gods traverse through more than just 3 dimensions, which is something you see in SoD with the 4th dimension (time) being created as a physical manifestation (3rd dimension) so we can understand it and travel through it.

Think of it this way: If you kill the God of War, war simply ceases to exist. Everquest still has wars, yes? Therefore, we've never killed Rallos Zek's (and all of the sub-deities) true form.

Not true.
  14. Axxius Augur

Didn't they perma-kill RZ in EQ2?
  15. Triconix Augur

I don't know? Never played it, don't care about it, not focusing on it. In EQ reality, RZ was never killed. Isn't EQ2 an alternate reality? That would go back to the multiverse & dimensions statement.
  16. Kolani Augur

Scorn is Erollisi's avatar, does that not count?
    Yinla, Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Szilent like this.
  17. Axxius Augur

Scorn is a manifestation of Love's vengeance. Erollisi has an actual avatar that was used in GM events though.

If an Erollisi raid is ever made, it has to be really special. Defeating love with violence wouldn't make for a good content. It'd have to be an emote fest with disabling mechanics instead of killing, and perhaps something to break open so that DPS is put to use.

A good theme for an anniversary event perhaps?
    Funky likes this.
  18. That0neguy Augur

Come to think of it. We never really killed any gods in PoP since time was rolled back.
  19. Cicelee Augur

It has always been my hope and dream that the final boss of the final expansion is Veeshan. It could have some power to shrink itself to dragon size so that it can combat us or something. And you are only allowed one kill of Veeshan, at which point your character is forever immortalized somehow and retired for good.
  20. Axxius Augur

Nah, it has to be The Nameless. Who would kick random people out of the world. And when we finally kill The Nameless, the EQ universe ceases to exist, and the game shuts down. :p