Gnome Race & Stream: Mon, April 27 @ 4PM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

As part of Daybreak week the EverQuest team is hosting a drunken gnome race on the Bristlebane server on Monday, April 27, 2015 at 4:00PM PDT*, and we want to invite YOU to join us!

[IMG]

This will start at 4PM PDT*. Joining is simple, just make a new gnome character on the Bristlebane server, and choose Ak'Anon as your starting city. Join players and devs as we share an in-game beverage with our fans! “You have become better at Alcohol Tolerance (15).”

Can’t make it in-game? No worries! We’ll be streaming the event on Twitch! The show starts at 4PM PDT* on twitch.tv/daybreakgames

Wherever you join us, we look forward to partying with you in-game!

*Convert to your local time
    Zujilli likes this.
  2. Pawkets New Member

"just make a new gnome character on the Bristlebane server, and choose Ak'Anon as your starting city".

Only avaible to All-Access members. You might have said it was restricted right off the bat. Also why, after numerous requests, was I not flagged for the race (Red/PvP name) nor that weird guild name. And why were the rules explained before hand? Waypoints? Only thing that was said was it was a race from Ak'Anon to Unrest which I was in the lead until I got mysteriously snared in Dagnor's Cauldron. No combat icon so it wasn't a mob so who could it have been? Cheating GMs maybe? I think so! Oh and how did a wizard gnome get across the water so fast? Might wanna check you logs for cheating because I hugged the bank and 5 people still made it past me.

Your keeping up with the poor ethics for Events as Soe did.
  3. Sakuraba Augur

That's because they are still Smedly-Ran SoE -- the same place that essentially stated the days of EQ/EQ2/WoW styled mmos are done :p
  4. Absor Developer

Well, too late now I suppose, but you didn't need to be in the guild or anything else. You just needed to be there and hail the avatar once we started. Sorry you missed it.

A
  5. Iila Augur

Lol.

If you hailed the Avatar in ak'anon once the event started, it flagged you for pvp, made you drunk and flagged you for the next avatar checkpoint.

Each avatar would bind you, then fling you towards the next zone. The cauldron avatar was at the end of the zone in canyon and flung you to the other side of the zone. Kind near Unrest, but far enough away that I had to dodge aqua goblins and skeletons to get to unrest.

Someone was being very helpful and handing out regen in the form of torpor to the race participants along the way and in Unrest.

The bind check pointing was handy, I only died to the fling a couple times.
    Soltara likes this.
  6. Silentchaos Augur

So helpful :).

Only took like 10 casts for me to figure out i should probably buffblock that :X
    Iila likes this.
  7. Iila Augur

I think they got me 3x before I blocked it.

Was funny listening to the devs freak out about it and not mention blocking it for a while.
  8. Rorce Augur

Any chance at getting a high res version of the graphic in the original post? I think that would make an excellent desktop background!
  9. Triumph Journeyman

wtf.....
  10. Silentchaos Augur

Said gnome wizard right here!
  11. leaola Journeyman

wow u really wanted ppl there. post it 2 hours before it starts thanks. next time give us some notice.