Gnome Race Graphics

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, May 16, 2022.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

People may hate me for this post, but I honestly think it's time to look at Gnome Race graphics. Over the course of the past 20 years, many of the bonuses for races have been nerfed or taken away. (Halfling xp bonus for example). While some small bonuses still remain, the gnome race graphic is a huge perk for gnomes.

This objectively makes gnomes the best tanks in the early game on TLPs. It makes them able to tank without worrying about looking bad, it also lets them put out more DPS due to no interruption in trying to stand on their good side.

I think it's time to remove the gnome race graphics perk, and just give the gnome illusion AA to warriors / tanks earlier, or just make it innate for the class.

While I normally don't call for nerfs, the fact that gnomes are by far the most beloved tanks simply for gnome race graphic is a problem to me. If the majority of people playing a class are picking a race due to one feature that race has over all others, then that trait should be looked at.

Flame on, friends!
  2. Manafasto Augur

Hey hey, it's hard lookin this pretty. Gnome most of the time.
  3. Ponter Elder

The most simple solution to this is to just remove the gnome race from the game, in the interest of balance.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think better balance would be removing gnomes and halflings as playable races and let them be used as mounts instead!
    Thewiz likes this.
  5. Yarteb Elder

You forgot to mention that gnomes are immune to shrink. Our egos are too big to fit in a smaller package. :) Why would anyone want to change gnomes? Or not to be one?
  6. Gnomie Denser than most