Gloves of Dark Summoning

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Sain_Rathe, Jun 25, 2023.

1. Sain_Rathe Lorekeeper

Recently acquired the Gloves of Dark Summoning and tried to use the Clicky effect "Reclaim Energy" and it doesn't work.

Note: this is the only item that beastlords can use with this effect on it.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

How are you using it? What are you expecting to happen?

Not sure if clickies check spell requirements, but reclaim energy is not a BST spell even though the focus is.
    [331] Reclaim Energy
    Classes: NEC/1 MAG/1 ENC/1
    Skill: Conjuration
    Mana: 5
    Target: Pet
    Range: 100'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: No
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 2.5s, Recast: 1.5s, Rest: 1.5s
    1: Reclaim Pet Mana
    Reclaims the energy needed to maintain your pet, causing the pet to dissipate and restore 75% of the mana cost spent to summon it.
    Cicelee likes this.
  3. Sain_Rathe Lorekeeper

I'm using it by right clicking the item, I'm expecting it to eat the pet and restore 75% of the Summoning spells mana cost.

Note: I've tried targeting the pet, targeting myself, and targeting nothing.
  4. Cicelee Augur

Pretty sure the gloves are making your pet stronger, thus working as intended
  5. Cicelee Augur

Beastlords cannot do that.

Just like Bards who use a tank shield cannot bash and, thus, not use the heal proc from the shield.
  6. Sain_Rathe Lorekeeper

As I stated in the OP I'm trying to use the clickable effect "Reclaim Energy"
  7. Sain_Rathe Lorekeeper

Bards cannot bash therefore cannot trigger the effect, beastlords can click the item, and the spell cast, it just has no effect.
    Svann2 likes this.
  8. Cicelee Augur

And as stated in this thread, beastlords are unable to use the clickie effect of the item. They can, however, use the stats of the glove and the focus makes their pet stronger.

It is not a bug. Thread should be deleted at some point.
  9. Sain_Rathe Lorekeeper

Just because you believe it's not a bug doesn't make it not a bug. There are plenty of items with clickable effects that allow a class to use them even though that class doesn't possess that spell or ability.
  10. Soulbanshee Augur

The class still has to be attached to the spell even if a scroll is not made for that class.
  11. Sain_Rathe Lorekeeper

I suppose that would be the root of the bug then. Beastlord needs to be attached to the spell.
    If not this would be a rare item where a class that can equip it can't use the clickable effect.
  12. NyteShayd Elder

There are thousands of clicky items that disprove that.

I suspect the root of the issue is that Beastlord warders aren't valid targets for the spell. If you summoned a Mage's L11 fire pet using Brazier of Elemental Summoning, Reclaim Energy would likely work.
  13. brickz Augur

14. Velisaris_MS Augur

Ah, the good ol' days...when the devs' concept of itemization and clicky effects were random AF.
    Silvena likes this.
  15. Nniki Augur

Slam also triggers that shield effect. Bards can illusion to a large race to access the Slam ability to proc the heal.
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

Does it cast and have no effect or does it refuse to cast? Stuff your class isnt supposed to be able to use will not cast at all. If it casts but has no effect then maybe it is a bug.
  17. Sain_Rathe Lorekeeper

It cast but has no effect.
  18. Alnitak Augur

Imagine my lvl 95 SK's disappointment when he discovered that ALL/ALL earring with Enhanced Minion IX
    https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=127881
    has no effect on SK pets even though the Focus has no class-specific limitation.
    EQ is full of surprises.