Gloomingdeep?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Harrison, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Harrison New Member

As a returning player who knows how to play the game... should I do Gloomingdeep or jump into the world? I guess my biggest concern is, which will give better starting gear?
  2. Riou EQResource

Gloomingdeep gives the starting full set of Defiant gear basically for completing it + some other side bonuses like a SoW type clicky (makes you run faster), a charm item, it's pretty good to do and doesn't take that long really, like an hour or so.

The gear you get you would have to basically get lucky to have drop while doing it regular way or buy it.

But otherwise it's pretty similar.
  3. Owl56 Elder

Returning from 2013 or from 2003? I highly recommend anyone returning from more than the past expansion or so start a new toon to just relearn the interface and discover the new features available in Norrath. The game has really changed THAT much. Once comfortable... take your veteran toons on some daily tasks and have fun.
  4. Yther Augur

If it's been an expansion or more since you last played, definitely do the tutorial. It covers many of the newer features including hiring a mercenary. Has the best gear other than expensive and rare (and higher level required players to get) twink gear, but is still way better than any original era gear for free and little effort that teaches you about the game at the same time.

Yther Ore.