Gloomingdeep quests not completing

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Deep, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Deep New Member

I decided for the hell of it, to start a new character on Erolisi yesterday, and run him through the Mines of Gloomingdeep.

It seemed to go okay until I tried completing the cave rat/bat/nest quest by talking to Vahlara after killing the requisite numbers, all of which were marked as completed in my quest log. No matter what I said, she would not complete the quest and give me the leggings. I tried removing the quest and doing it again, but the same result occured.

I then experienced the same non-completion on the Arachnid quest, the mercenary quest and the guard quest. In each case all the steps were marked as completed except for the final talk to the relevant person, which would never update.

Has anyone else experienced this? I though it might be because I outleveled the quest level while doing it, but they should at least still have given me the reward, no?
  2. Brudal Augur

3. Deep New Member

Nope! Still currently only lvl7
  4. Brudal Augur

When you target and /hail Vahlara, what does she say? and are each of the 3 objectives in green text indicating that you killed 8 rats, 4 bats and /opened 4 vermin nests?
  5. Deep New Member

Yup! All the objectives have been met, and are in green. The only part left is to talk with Vahlara again, which I do, and I just get the default dialogue about bringing silks to her in exchange for burlap items, which she does give me in I turn in 4 silks. But as for the Gloomingdeep Plate Leggings, nothing - I can even see them if I hit preview, but she won't respond to the quest and give them to me.

It's identical with Guard Rahiz and the arachnid quest - I have killed the requisite number of spiders and they too are all marked in green as complete, but when I talk to him again afterwards, I get default dialogue and a text message that he has nothing for my level. The quest does not update and I don;t get the reward.

I have deleted 3 of these quests now due to them not being completed, and am running around Gloomingdeep pantsless!
  6. Brudal Augur

Might try rolling up an another character and try completing at level 2; if it still does not award the pants it could be a rights issue or install directory issue.
    Deep likes this.
  7. asgaard Augur

I agree. Try making a new character and see if you can complete the quests. I started a new toon on Erolisi a few minutes ago and went through Clearing the Vermin Nests and was given the leggings.
    Deep likes this.
  8. Deep New Member

Well I tried rolling another character, and not only did the same thing happen, but other quests would not complete, so I could not even get Alga's torch of swiftness this time.

I completely uninstalled and redownloaded the client, had to set up my UI again, and it is still happening, so it does't look like a corrupted client install, but rather something in the game itself... Maybe Gloomingdeep just doesn't like Ogre Shadowknights :(
  9. Brudal Augur

Depending on your OS (7 or higher), you may need to try running as admin or choosing a non default install path to get around rights issues with certain files. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
  10. Deep New Member

The trouble is, I could complete some quests on all my 3 test characters, and some I could complete on Character A, but not on Character B. After doing every quest in Gloomingdeep, it is all the quests that require me to talk to the person again that are not completing. The rest without that stipulation complete normally.

Since I can complete a quest on Char A and not Char B, it cannot be a file permissions issue. I've always run my PC at Admin level anyway...

Also my install path is certainly not the default - I have it installed on my D: Data drive, not my boot drive (C:). It always used to work, although admittedly it's been a few years since I did Gloomingdeep.