Gloomingdeep on Yelinak

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Adaman, Oct 19, 2023.

1. Adaman New Member

I've just come back to EQ and am having the weirdest issue. I was able to start a character yesterday, but when I try to log back in with her, she's not done there yet (only level 8) I crash with a server not responding error. I've also tired to create a new character for testing and can't join Gloomingdeep with it either. But If I create a character and NOT select tutorial, I get in just fine.
  2. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

instead of selecting the tutorial from character select, log in ouside of the tutorial, use the GO HOME button you must be offline ( actually logged out, not just sitting at character select) for a period of time (15? minutes? iirc) for this to be available to prevent players from /camp /gate outside their classes normal ability to do so. You might also navigate to EQ's folder on your device and delete your character's INI file as the error is most likely there issuing a setting that doesn't work. More often than not, this helps.

Once you are in game, head to Secana Galnor, the tutorial NPC opposite the Crescent reach stone in Plane of Knowledge and hail her, then click the blue hypertext in her response to send you back to the tutorial from within the game instead.
  3. phattoni Augur

i had a similar issue recently, it was caused by custom ui. if you are running one, disable and post back if it fixed the problem.