Global rares for next expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Zhaunil_AB Augur

But that is quite beside the point, isn't it?
    For the market to be "flooded" each and anyone should have found enough to equip his main (if nonraiding) and several ALTs by now.
    This is not the case.
    What's more, for everyone having looted multiple such items there is at least one player around that hasn't even seen a single one yet.
    So a "flooded market" does not exist.
    period.
    Move on to some argument that hold up against the test of reality.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

These items can be unattuned so they contribute to supply in the same way used cars contribute to the overall supply of the car market. I am not quite sure you understand the nuances of economics. I apologize if I am not explicitly stating each of my premises for you to comprehend.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Also, you hold an ambitious definition of a maximal supply. You are basically saying you will only accept the notion of a saturated market once everyone is fully geared with global rares so there is a surplus. That is like saying the only way diamonds or gold will flood the market is when everyone has houses made of gold when in reality economists and laymen refer to a saturated market when there is merely more supply (albeit not as ambitious as your interpretation).
  4. Zhaunil_AB Augur

LOL...
    Better be sure that i understand "the nuances of economcs" quite well.
    Even though i abhor him i even "know" Adam Smith.
    It's just that you keep insisting on something that's far from being true.
    Even your comparison to used cars is so bad and non-applicable.

Perhaps you re-read the thread that you yourself have started and get a grip on the topic.
    Then you'll see that it does not matter for what's discussed here if items can be unattuned (for what? 480loyalty points per item?) or not.
    If an equipped is will ever be unattuned, it'd be for an UPGRADE, wouldn't it?
    That would happen when for a current expansion's raid item?
    Right: not before the next expansion's release for sure.
    And then it might go to the next ALT "down the line", or one tries to sell it off.
    That would in my case max 8items more in bazaar.
    Those would be flooding market even then, suuure.

You keep talking crap here, really.

Asking for rare items to be removed in favor of whatever because YOU feel disturbed by X-server tells and seem to be unable to simply ignore them because your ignore list is full?
    So instead of giving it an overhaul or asking simply for a way to filter out X-server tells on a global basis, you ask for their "wares" to be dropped?

In fact, the whole thread seems to be based on nothing but your "feeling" and misconceptions.
    Time for me to leave you to your delusions and moving on...
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You seem to be really taking this thread personally. I will let your personal attacks go as it is likely how people debate in your part of the world (AB tag).

1. How is my analogy to used cars inapplicable? Your argument presupposes that determining supply comes only from new loot which is analogous to saying true car supply is only relegated to the number of cars manufactured for that year.

2. People can unattune items not merely to upgrade. People unattune and sell global rares for XX Krono (for membership), trade for other items (another global rare, big bags, LoN prize, etc.), or currency (platinum for the future). This transactional dynamic (which means that each attuned items can be readily unattuned at any time) adds to the market supply.

3. You ignore the cumulative effect of readily unattuneable raid-quality items. Furthermore, non-visible clicks (raid level passive AA unlocks such as Myrmidon's Skill and Expanding Mind) are generally good for multiple expansions.

My original post was not to do away with global rares entirely but to narrow the scope from weapons and non-visibles to a rarer, limited selection in that vein of PoW loot (i.e. Soul of the Grandmaster, Stone of Judgment, Click Aura click upgrades). It is a reasonable, academic suggestion so I am not sure how you can so passionately disagree. Perhaps, you are an RMTer fearful that his golden hen is in jeopardy by mere suggestion?
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I wasn't around when PoW was current, was it a popular zone? overrun with RMTs trying to monopolize drops? or was it feared by everyone but the toughest raiders?
    Right now it seems like a relatively quiet place...even though some of the loot is still relevant...
  7. Cleaver Augur

Plane of War was a waste of resources. Its the perfect example of why they cannot not design content for only the 1%. Once the raiders got what they want the zone became empty.
    Spellfire and Sindaiann like this.
  8. smash Augur

So true.

And some people say make a hardcore zone like it.

Seems they forget this history. Only result would be a zone visited til peops got what they want and then left.

And lots of people would not be able to complete progression.
  9. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I'd bet the farm that if PoW gave normal, or inflated amounts of exp, it would have been much more popular than it was. As it is now, it's my favorite zone released in over ten years.
  10. Cleaver Augur

And you would lose the farm. Believe it or not EQ is a casual game now and casual players do not like hard.
  11. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Maybe. From my experience, the number one complaint about PoW was that the exp was non existent, not that it was too difficult.

But really the important thing is I didn't have a farm to begin with.
    svann likes this.
  12. Vixx New Member

Think it depends on if they exist to support the game or to drive krono sales ... But I wish it would be more creative than kill, loot, profit.

1) loot a blank (shield, weapon, non visible, etc)
    2) buy an expensive jewel or something
    3) combine for random reward
    4) turn reward in for a another shot at what you want - with a some of those 100k coins (I'd also suggest an option to use an old rare loot or two instead of plat for casuals - not crazy rare ... But classic, no drop, and obscure and campable
    - bonus points if the allowed items weren't static ... (Knowing my luck, it would want a shopping list of stuff lol .... mithril girdle from rathe, chest plate of dark flame, a gbs, a FB earring and that haste cloak from trak)

Good opportunity for a worthwhile cash sink - and go to some long forgotten corners or the bank vault)

You'd still have resellers, but it wouldn't be all profit...
  13. Gnomeland Augur

It's too late now, but Everquest should have been designed around a pass down system; that would have saved so much frustration, for the developers and the players both.

By pass down, what I'm saying is that, instead of there being a hard divide between people who group, and people who raid, it should have been designed such that large raid content becomes small raid content after one expansion, small raid content becomes group content, and group content becomes molo content.

You do this by giving "free" boosts to player power - or both player power and mercenary power - every expansion, through levels and simple molo task progression, that anyone can do by themselves.

Thus, whereas right now the progress for a group player looks like this:

Call of the Forsaken group content -> The Broken Mirror group content -> Empires of Kunark group content

It would look like this instead:

Empires of Kunark group content -> The Broken Mirror small raid content -> Call of the Forsaken large raid content

Or for a molo player:

Empires of Kunark molo content -> The Broken Mirror group content -> Call of the Forsaken small raid content

Obviously, you would have to maintain that:

Empires of Kunark molo equipment < The Broken Mirror group equipment < Call of the Forsaken small raid equipment < Empires of Kunark group equipment < The Broken Mirror small raid equipment < Call of the Forsaken large raid equipment

Advantages to this approach:

* All content gets used, therefore no more developing for the 1%
    * Since all content is eventually used, more time can be spent developing raids, resulting in more content for people who raid

Thus, an end to the group against raid conflict that has defined Everquest's community, since classic.
  14. p2aa Augur

I understand more why these rare raid items are still sold often now. I didn't know that they could be unattuned.
    So at first months of the expansion some raiders, who have a kill rate higher than groupers, got more rare item they equiped, and now that they have replaced these items by the raid equivalent after x months of farming EoK, the rare raid item become free to sell.
    Clearly they should be made attuned.
    And i agree with the OP, these selling offers are annoying, these raid item in group content were supposed to be rare, but i'm sure it's not uncommon now to see group players being nearly full of these items or wearing a lot of them, so they were not so rare after all. And let's be real, most of these group players acquired a full set of this stuff because they put lot of dollars on it to buy them.I don't buy the fact that they had been lucky to get in "farm" the items they wanted for their class. Yet group gear was close to raid gear this expansion, but these rare items just made it worse in term of group player gear versus raid player gear.
    We were told that groupers could only by chance get maybe 1 of this item in this expansion, and it's not what happened.
    Clearly there should be way less rare raid items choice, seems there were at least 2 versions for each no visible slot, and they should be really rarer then. 0,18 % drop rate was not enough rare finally.
    Put it 0,01 %, and make only one version for each visible slot, to avoid people being unlucky on the best version for their class
    Even if for me they should just not be renewed for next expansion.
  15. Maedhros High King

Right because all the other COTF zones are just brimming with 100+ people right now.
    Its 4 year old content, of course its empty.
  16. Siddar Augur

They're attuned now. You mean they should be made just plain old no drop to prevent selling of items. Drop rate should be increased not decreased. If your concern is people buying the items then making them no drop would solve that. My observed drop rate is three items in about 25k AA that drop rate is not to high it to low.