Gladiator Plate BP - Clicky questions

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by jack of all trades, Jun 12, 2018.

1. jack of all trades Elder

So, I'm currently on Ragefire, and I had some questions regarding the use of the Anguish BP clicky. Most of the other threads that I've read have included Dichotomic Discs/various tanking AAs that aren't available to us yet.

1) While I believe the answer is no, does the clicky stack with the Defensive disc for additional mitigation?
    2) The wording on the effect is a tad vague. "Causes you to take less damage for 24 seconds"; additionally, the Lucy description is simply "Skill Damage Taken -15%". I am assuming this simply means that any kick/bash/melee attack is reduced. Are there any types of attacks (non AE's) that aren't impacted by this click?

I'm just trying to figure out some of the details to maximize tanking and determine if there are any events to be concerned about where we wouldn't want to use the effect because of it being negated by certain attacks.

Appreciate the information ahead of time!
  2. p2aa Augur

1) Defensive disc is SPA 168, Guardian's Bravery is SPA 197. The effects stack.
    2) The alla description of the spell is not the best one
    Take the eqressource description : https://spells.eqresource.com/spells.php?id=6392
    "Decrease Hit damage taken by 15 %". It affects all melee hits you receive.
    What will happen in game is that when you use defensive disc and guardian's bravery same time, SPA 168 will start to apply first on the hit. Then the remaining hit will be reduced by an additional 15 % from SPA 197.
    For example, the hit is 10000. It will be reduced to 5500 (45 % mitigation). Then it will be reduced to 4675 (15 % mitigation). The final hit on you will be 4675.
    Thoxsel likes this.
  3. jack of all trades Elder

Wonderful! I appreciate the information! This was definitely the information I was searching for.
  4. Syylke_EMarr Augur

From a practical standpoint, when I raided on my Warrior, I used the Anguish BP click as a mini-Defensive when Defensive was down. Usually I would stack it with something else (Hold the Line, etc).

And, p2aa's description of the mitigation isn't quite right but it's the simplified version so it describes the stacking effect well enough.
  5. p2aa Augur

Indeed, I was not going to start doing example with DB + DI (1-20) stuff, speaking of melee player shielding impact on DB, and defensive disc mitigation impacting DI, etc. Just a simple example.