Give Teek Selo Exp

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Protocol, Apr 5, 2024.

1. fransisco Augur

Raiders don't need to spend as much time. They can kill WWAAAY faster and get far more AAs/hour. They don't have to camp gear because they get loot pinatas like ntov, vex thall, ect. Anything they do in group play is faster and easier becaue their gear makes it trivial.
    Thats before pop where raiders get entrance to zones with better exp to begin with. The game favors raiders in every way.

Its not that raiders have less time, its that being a raider makes everything so much faster and easier. This idea that faster exp is harder for non-raiders? Thats like saying rich people suffer because they can't decide how to spend their money.
  2. kain200 Augur

When I started on oakwynd at launch and hit level 2, the exp drop from an even con mob was like hitting a brick wall. Lots of other people were shouting out the same surprise at just how bad it was. I think some people might be fine with the exp rate because they're used to the playstyle that involves a puller running in massive handfuls of mobs at once and then going out for more before they're all dead. This certainly racks up the 0.1% per kills faster and makes the overall time to level more tolerable but I freaking hate playing the game that way. It's just too nerve wracking.

I just wish they wouldn't worry about trying to balance the rate around those style of players. People who get a rush out of getting to max level as fast as possible are going to do so no matter how slow the exp is. I personally don't care if people get to max in a day or two. I only care that when I'm plodding along soloing/boxing or grouping, I feel that i'm making meaningful progress for my time.
  3. Indigo_Quarmite Augur

Community notes approve OP's message.

Lorewise, Selos exp or enabled HotZones work for Sir Franklin Teek's server, he wants it. let's get it on.
  4. Demetri Augur

Well it depends, in the early eras, not so true - gear shift between high end and low isn't that pronounced - also the eras where double XP matters the most.

And I didn't say it was "harder" for them - I said it made it trivial for them to cap what they've done and "beat EQ" on a given xpac, giving them less reason to login until the next xpac (assuming they return).

And regardless, AGAIN, my point was to try to save Tormax by making it a viable option by changing it's ruleset to a slower Teek, while making Teek the fast version.

What a bizarre world we live in where people would prefer a DOA server with one that likely will be overly congested rather than having an option of two servers with one aspect of difference between them. (And again, mirroring Selo + Mangler launches in that regard)
  5. Everdork99 Lorekeeper

Add no unlocks and I'm with you.
  6. Chainsaw_Massacre New Member

I'm 100% on board with this. When they first mentioned the servers I thought of Mischief and Selo. I have no idea where Aradune came from unless they are talking raw numbers which isn't an accurate representation because of when it took place. I would even go one step further and add two month unlocks for expansions. The one month Selo offered was too much to handle. Here's to hoping this gets some consideration!
    Ogamuk likes this.
  7. looffy Journeyman

Double exp is good but dont forget the double faction and rares too. Also take the Vaniki double loot for non rare/raid mobs. Without dupes and marcias pumping massive amounts of plat into the system most people wouldnt be able to afford spells or the components to make their raid gear and double plat/gem drops would help with that a bit.
  8. ForumNugget Journeyman

+1 for this idea, or at least bump AA xp. Alts, Main changes, or new people joining later are quite common, and having to play catch up at a slow pace causes apathy and leads to quitting.
  9. Barton-Vox Fizzlethorpe Rules !!

Even 50% bonus exp would be nice (same Bonus as FV)
    Selo's would be even better
    Mashef likes this.
  10. Titusraco New Member

I fully support the Selo's Exp, or just some type of boosted exp. Something has got to give with this server, cause its just not very unique in comparison to Mischief. Why wouldnt the devs want it to have more appeal than a server that already exists? It makes no sense.
  11. Chopsuey Augur

Yes Please. Give Selo rate xp.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Bonus exp of some kind would make the name make sense.
  13. Arclyte Augur

yea more exp so we can hit max level in 3 days instead of 7 :p
    Demetri and KobalWR like this.
  14. Typhus Elder

Daybreak should take notes on why WoW's SoD is doing so well. A large part of why there is little attrition is due to the fact they have increased xp rates allowing people to play other classes and get their runes to raid the level locked content. Higher XP rates boosts engagement and time played on accounts.

You want more Laurion song expansion buys (Personas)?
    Give us faster xp so more players can experience leveling Alts without feeling the overwhelming amount of time it takes to get them up to be raid ready.
  15. ForumBoss Augur

The grind felt too slow on mischief and didn't respect people's time IMO. If the XP is faster for folks, maybe they'll be more likely to buy persona's.

Also, please remove the required level on gear and reduce the recommended, similar to Vaniki. This makes alts fun and will encourage persona's and catching up for returning players.
  16. Chopsuey Augur

It's even more noticeable in the later expansions. If you've ever played past the 75 era the AA's per expansion get kind of crazy. Grinding that many AA's in 2-3 months can feel overwhelming especially if you play a hybrid.
    Think long term.
    ForumBoss likes this.
  17. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Faster XP rates MIGHT even encourage more expansion purchases for people to level personas. ;)
    Barton-Vox, Magickon and ForumBoss like this.
  18. Agonybot2 New Member

Faster Exp also encourages leveling alts so the early game isn't as dead. However, this server having free trade also heavily encourages twinking and that's what I am about. Love leveling god-tier alts... fast af boyyy
  19. Shalom Quillmane Bane

Great ideas but instead they will give this server a permanent discount to xp pots and release the 75% xp pots early!
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Selo XP was only given because of the unlock pace of Selo, if you want Selo XP without Selo unlock pace you are are going to need to come up with a far more compelling argument than "because I wants it".

I don't think the devs are wholly against a server having fast xp but they almost always want to see a good argument for why they should do it.

Slow XP certainly acts as a disincentive, but pairing fast xp with a standard unlock cadence IS going to massivley amplify the raid-logging of a good portion of players, even if another portion will love it because they can more easily play & raise Alts - balancing those competing issues against one another is likely impossible. Overall the probelm I see with too high an XP rate on a server is between expansions the overall diversity of population will suffer.

I think personas are still a great idea that was reduced to largely pointless except to those small % who want to Main change at some point.
    Whether it is worth the devs gambling on a high XP rate for a TLP to fuel alts or personas is an interesting question, but as soon as you look at the 111+ grind even double xp is not going to make persona grinding worth doing.