Give Enchanters Critical Affliction 11-27 (or: The Fix to Enchanters That Reduces Balance Headaches)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by gotwar, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Tiggold Augur

By "elite" you meant committed, right?
  2. mmats Augur

Enchanters are still in a great place in group game. Raid design needs a bit more CC action, but no complaints in the dps/adps departments. So my issue isnt with the class so much as design of encounters.
  3. Cadira Augur

Maybe you missed it somewhere along the 19 years this game's been out, but raiding is FOR THE COMMITTED PLAYER. And even at that, just because raids are designed to be hard, doesn't mean only the best of the best can beat them.

If you and your friends think they can run into a raid with no instruction, no proper class set up, no idea how to synchronize their abilities or even use their own abilities due to being clueless by default or by having not spent anytime practicing on dummies, reading class forum strategy write-ups, etc etc, and just auto attack a raid mob until it's dead, then I'm not even sure how you are still playing this game without rage quitting yet. Either way, I'd stick to the group game for certain if I were you.

I'm not sure what "current player base" you're referring to but I'm pretty sure the majority of eq players aren't this clueless.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  4. Verily Tjark Augur

I like the OP idea of raising critical affliction, and then let's remove that recast timer on Mind Tempest.

The real issue is with raids. Honestly, we are just fine in group play. We are able to solo/molo unlike many other classes. Our burns allow groups to pretty much destroy namers. If you disagree, agree, or just want to talk shop, hit me up at bristle.verilyx, and we can talk.

My favorite modern raid as an enchanter has to be Calix fight at the end of TDS. It had everything, we even had a reason to use some of those spell lines that seem somewhat useless every other day of the week. TDS was a pretty good expac for raiding enchanters overall though. I had way more fun doing CC, runing tanks, and what not.

The current DPS races of the last couple expac were fun only to try and beat traditional DPS classes thus making them cry. Outside of that, I would much rather be doing enchanter things on raids.
  5. Fian Augur

Way to bash a strawman. Obviously, we spend a lot of time organizing, or we wouldn't be beating any raid content. As for being for committed player only, nope you are wrong. At least not how you are defining it. Anyone that raids every week is committed to the game. But to treat the game like a job where you go to school, have to be excellent in setting up macros, no everything there is to know about your complex class, nah EQ was not always like that. EQ has always been a challenging game, but on the raid side, the pendulum has swung too far on the difficulty scale compared to prior expansions.
  6. Cadira Augur

Look man, all I'm saying is if people want to show up and do auto attack dps and not hit their burns in certain orders, in sync with other class's abilities, learn to not run into auras on the ground that kill you or run from/for other emotes etc, you're not going to win raids. The amount of time and learning you have to put in to be adequate at your class is painfully little but you got people who aren't even smart or willing enough to do even that. Knowing the few major things about your class is more than enough to beat ros raids even if you didn't "go to school" to learn everything abut that class.

Other expacs have been much easier than ros, and they are easy enough to allow auto attack dps to suffice, I think tds going forwards they simply were tired of garbage players getting away with winning raids, for better or worse.