Ghoul of Takish-Hiz

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jahtw, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Jahtw Journeyman

When LDON launched on phinny the quest npcs for the phylactory quest spawned and it is now possible to do all of the hand ins for the quest. However, the Ghoul of Takish-Hiz does not seem to be spawning in South Ro, and he drops one of the items needed to construct the final quest reward. I've spent several hours trying to spawn him with no luck, whereas on the test server i was able to kill him several times in an hour. I know at lrast one other player has spent a lot of time there as well and has not seen him. Could a dev look into whether this mob had been put in?
  2. Hadesborne Augur

I have tried repeatedly to get him to spawn in both areas to no avail. Hours upon hours of killing everything and no spawn.
  3. LorthorSZ New Member

4. Zandrach New Member

Same here. Probably put in a good 24 hrs total trying both down where Terrorantula spawns, and up by the orc highway/gypsies. Not one spawn.
  5. Hadesborne Augur

Prathun or any Dev,

Could you please look into this. The Phylactery quest is one of the standout quests for the LDoN era. It takes a tremendous amount of time and effort to complete. If The Ghoul of Takish-Hiz truly isn't spawning then we could really do for a fix.
  6. Zandrach New Member

Anyone tried/had any luck since this most recent update?
  7. Hadesborne Augur

No luck still. Please DEVS! can you check on this?
  8. Hadesborne Augur

Bump! Any news devs?
  9. Hadesborne Augur

Please Prathun help!
  10. Jahtw Journeyman

Still no ghoul, but for the rest of you waiting on this guy, follow (and vote up!) the DGC issue tracker here: https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1508 .
    The current state of things, as posted there almost a month ago:
    "I can answer that this NPC is set to respawn when Dragons of Norrath opens. This is not a statement that that is the correct time for it to unlock, just letting you know you can stop looking for now."
  11. Prathun Developer

Quest appears to be LDoN era content. Changed the restriction on the Ghoul of Takish-Hiz from DoN to LDoN.
  12. Hadesborne Augur

Thank you Prathun! You are the man. Is this change live or do we have to wait until the next patch?
  13. Prathun Developer

The change is internal and not yet on Live. At the latest, this will go in with the June update. Keep an eye on the update notes. :)
  14. Fhiele Augur

LDoN, DoN, what's the difference? Its just a letter right?
    Prathun and Kattria Minx like this.
  15. Hadesborne Augur

Excellent! Thank you again for the help with this problem.
  16. Zandrach New Member

Can confirm he's spawning now. Just completed the quest, and got the AA/clickie :)
    PathToEternity and Prathun like this.