GFay collectables drop rate request/issue

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Herf, Mar 8, 2024.

1. Herf Augur

I've been doing this a few hours a day for the past week and have had the following drops:

22 - A burnished fae drake wing
    19 - bright " "
    16 - glowing " "
    14 - faded " "
    12 - tarnished " "
    11 - shimmering " "
    7 - cracked " "
    4 - plain " "

While I appreciate that you want this to have some level of difficulty, and yes in the previous collections (gnoll and ???) there were rarer ones ('yip'), this set seems a lot more tedious. Gfay is a large zone and the spawn points are rather spread out. It would be nice if the spawn rate of the plain fae drake wing were upped slightly.

Note: most of the times I was alone in Gfay so this is not a case of others just getting more luck on the drops than me.

Thanks for considering.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

As with the others they seem to have a long respawn delay and only 6-8 or so up at a time? With a large zone like Gfay it's kinda tedius to run long winded sprints to wherever your clicky tells you to go. I didn't notice any up in Kelethin though, only down on the grass.
  3. Herf Augur

I didn't know there was a clicky? Some of the spawn points have been published and I've been there long enough now I've found others. But if only a few of them can be up at a time in a zone that size that's the problem. Maybe they could just increase the numer of simultaneous spawned points.

I have 4 accounts and a couple dozen alts so this is going to become punitive real soon now :)
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its a reward from the anniversary quest called Whispers in the Dark. While I am sure it is easy for many, it was hard for me until some top dawg helped me.

[IMG]

I go to Gfay every morning about 5 am my time and there are usually 4-5 others in the zone. I have no idea what they are doing, as I don't run them down and ask. But using the Spirit I am able to collect quite a few of them. It does not seem to be that long between spawns cause sometimes it paths right back to where I just was for the collect before.

One thing the larger zone has in its favor is that when they spawn there is no way one player can get from one side of the zone to the other to pick them all up. You should always be able to get some unless they have camped the spawns and there are so many spawn points they will still miss a bunch

One trick you can do is to go up on the raised area, Kelethin, you won't find any up there but walk around along the edge and look out to the forest - you will see the shineys out there glowing red or gold.
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. Herf Augur

Requires Terror of Luclin expansion so it doesn't help those of us on some TLPs.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well, you said you didn't know about it so now you do! :D
    Herf and Fenthen like this.
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

Thank goodness they are tradable. I don't know what TLPs look like, but this is a heavily populated Live server.
    [IMG]

The bottom one is not associated with the others, it's from another expansion.
  8. Brickhaus Augur

I've been collecting these off and on since March 1st. I've identified at least 71 different spots for a collect to appear, including one on top of a stump and one on top of a fallen tree. It's about the number listed on Alla.

Your distribution seems really bad. I have a minimum of 45 of all. The last 4 alphabetically seem to be occurring less for me than the first 4 (min 73 there). (Xegony has been really empty during the day in zone) I've also managed to collect 139 evergreen leafs as well....
  9. Herf Augur

Interesting. Are you using the above mentioned device to find spawns?

I wonder if the rates are different on various servers. Or if you're getting better faster respawns if there are more people in the zone hunting for them?
  10. Brickhaus Augur

Yeah, I am using the device to find spawns. Although if there is some downtime, I'm checking the map places around me until I can click again. If no one is in the zone, I usually find another about every 4th click around on my own. Plus the times that there's more than one at a spot ... it adds up over time.

Just wanted to let you know that not everyone had experienced a weird distribution as you have, although I've certainly had some strange mini-runs in all 3 anniversary zones so far (I once got 10 of the same collect in a row).
  11. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I have had exceedingly bad luck with the G'fay spawns. I do not have the collection clicky and the collection should not require it. I have spent hours on 2 different characters at different times and haven't even gotten 1 full set between them.

Gnoll bits were a bit too easy. Scales weren't as easy but I was still able to get a full collection on a couple characters without spending literal days there.

G'fay with only 2-3 up at a time in the entire zone and seemingly an hour or more between spawns is a bit nuts. I've almost given up getting the collection on even 1 character.
  12. Herf Augur

Update: yesterday for some reason was a very productive day for me. I got a bunch including maybe 6 of the rare one. A couple things I did differently:

1. I found that when I spotted some of them that they hadn't spawned on the mapped list I was using. So using the in game map edit tool I did an "Add Label" for those untagged spots. Later when checking I would find respawns in those spots. I'm not sure if the game shows preference to most recently looted spots when respawning items.

2. Rather than spend several hours at a time searching, I'd make one or two rounds of the spawn points then log out and come back later. This seemed to give time for the respawns. It was at least less tiring.

3. Many of the spawn points, including newly discovered ones, are in a line. Not up/down or left right, but in some cases on an angle. So if you see two mapped spawn points with a big space between them, check that space.

4. I've almost never seen spawns at the pok book nor at the BB zone line. Possible because people coming through just pick them up. Or looking at point 1 above, maybe more recently harvested spawn points get the preference, or there are just more of them so statistically thet get the respawns.

5. There is an unmapped spawn point by the 3 or so bandit tents with the campfire (not orcs, bandits.) It didn't spawn often but once it started spawning it may have seemed to respawn more.
  13. jgrahl New Member

I hope they make them completely random and not one is more rare than others.

This quest is updated with many of the spawn points and I spent quite a few hours with Spirit of the Lost. I combined other's findings in the locations listed. Please add any points not listed to help others.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=12887
  14. Herf Augur

They're definitely not random. Some are more common, a couple are more rare.