Getting tired of the bots...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by oldkracow, Aug 14, 2015.

1. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Ya sorry charming their target and watching these fools follow it around until they either get stuck somewhere, drown (depending on a zone I find them in) or trying to get them to fall off a cliff is fun. But I'm finding more an more of these automated guys.....
    Fallfyres likes this.
  2. Theka Elder

agree man 100% makes it tough to get a camp because they have them 24/7. seems like i report alot of em and they are still there
  3. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Literally takes me 10 minutes to find 8 bots farming bone chips... just drowned one in north ro that I go to follow into the beach.

Killed a bot mage in runnyeye 11 times before someone came back to the keyboard... lol
    Aanuvane and Kobra like this.
  4. Soon Augur

Wow. Thanks. Now I have something to do while waiting for Kunark to come.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  5. Xanadas Augur

Complaining on the forums isn't going to make them go away. Get video, get names, and report them.
  6. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Where am I putting this video? As reporting them does next to nothing as /guidehelp is useless outside of normal business hours... and any bot player worth a salt knows it.
  7. Lateryn Augur

Which is none. Because no game in history can or has stopped them. They ban/suspend them in waves and they just come back.
  8. Porygon Augur

I understand what you're trying to do, but I would be careful. You can easily be suspended for in game disruption of other players.

Yes I understand the irony of that, I'm just here letting you know.
  9. Examiner New Member

Someone should post a guide on how to get bots killed so the rest of us can participate in making the server a better place.

Coming after someone for "disrupting another player" when that player is cheating by using bots is like throwing a whistleblower in jail for exposing the illegal activities of a politician.
  10. Dreftan Elder

How would causing a bot to follow you into water and drown get someone suspended for disrupting gameplay of others?
  11. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

You are welcome to upload footage to YouTube and post a link on www.RagefireForums.com. That doesn't mean Daybreak will take action, but such videos are likely to be removed here do to forum rules, so at least you can have a platform with some traffic.
  12. Porygon Augur

If you're actively charming and Mezzing mobs that people ate attacking, it could be classified as targeted harassment.

Since you have no way of knowing (without any doubt) that it is in fact not a person playing.

I'm just warning you. I don't care what you do lol.
  13. Dreftan Elder

Not if you're both there contesting the content and competing for mobs.

Where have you been ?
  14. Silv Augur

Get it on Twitch or YouTube. Make a post in the Vet forum [the only time a TLP topic should be there] or here with the video link. Your thread may get locked but they can't ignore in your face proof.

People on Live have been doing this the past few months with great success. They've even streamed/recorded the botters getting wiped by a GM. It's popcorn-worthy entertainment.
    Olmstedder likes this.
  15. code-zero Augur

I don't believe that the Senior Guides work on a time clock at Daybreak
    Berret likes this.
  16. Porygon Augur

Charming mobs and mezzing them so a pet cannot attack is not contesting. It's disrupting. You can make all of the reasonable arguments you like. Fact of the matter, you're disrupting someone's pay.

It's not up to you to run around as the gun touting sheriff. If you see someone suspected of botting, report them. If nothing happens street you feel you've given sufficient evidence... They weren't botting by day breaks definitions.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Oooh thats a nice idea :)
  18. rick Augur

this is funny though .. there are a bunch of bot mages these days (just singles here but definitely afk so no army) farming the decaying skels at the spire in nekalos forest..

THEY are always extremely red to my little wee mage (I really can't find the ambition to play a mage as they are just way too easy) at 8th level..

NOW I wouldn't bother with these skels at 8th as they are low blue but I can go away to one of the other spawn area and come back and they are still there farming BCs I am guessing since all other loot is left one corpses ..

not bad for making money at low levels to collect their trash but i sued to use this as a good place at lower levels to actually level as well..

MEH .. nothing seems to fix this and nothing will on LJ since BCs are easy to farm at points like this and go for 50pp to 100pp a stack it is easy afk money as long as scripts can be run
  19. Unrepentant New Member

"If you're actively charming and Mezzing mobs that people ate attacking, it could be classified as targeted harassment.

Since you have no way of knowing (without any doubt) that it is in fact not a person playing."

Bots don't complain. Players do. IF someone complains and knows more than one or two sentences, I'll let them have it back.

Until then, I'll take the risk, which apparently, isn't much when botters run rampant in the face of policies.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  20. Freki Augur

they don't have to complain to you. they don't have to respond to your tells. you are nothing more than another customer that has no power. they can how ever get you suspended or worse if they wish and fill out a /petition. enjoy yourself while it lasts, you take my mob like that i'm not going to protest, i will just get the evidence, submit to DBG and laugh when you hear that you are now suspended for harassment. good luck with denying it. I'm tired of people taking this into their own hands, and charming the mob that my raid had pulled or that i pulled just because you think i'm a bot because i farm certain things for my other 5 alts. enjoy your suspension/ban.
  21. Olmstedder Journeyman

Those people aren't botting you twit. they are just afk at a skele spawn point and letting the eq loot system gobble up chips.
    Move along.