Getting stuck while zoning

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Darkangel, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Darkangel New Member

I have had this happen numerous times in different zones.. Misty Thicket, Everfrost Peaks and now today, Dulak's Harbor. Only way I have seen to get my characters unstuck is to wait for the return home button to pop back up.

Can you fix this issue please. It is beyond frustrating to come back after a 6 yr hiatus and have to wonder if I am actually going to be able to play in the zones that are designated hot zones.
  2. asgaard Augur

What do you mean by getting stuck? Is your character unable to move or do anything after zoning?
    svann likes this.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I was wondering the same thing. Hopefully they will expand on the original post.

If its a zone related thing I would find the small picture of the two gears on the bottom left corner of the launch bad. Click on it and select Validate Game Assets to see if that fixes the problem. If not I would consider deleting the zone files in question and get them repatched into the game by running the launcher. Only other thing short of that that I think they can do is try deleting the toons UI... even without custom UIs those sometimes get bugged for some reason.
  4. Darkangel New Member

I can start to zone over and the game freezes, I have to shut the game down and either log into another character and zone with that one to pop the return home (as logging into that same character results in the freeze at the character select screen) or if the return home isn't available after doing so, try restarting the computer.

It isn't all the zones, this has happened just in the few that I listed in the past week. I have deleted zone files and also gone through the gear to check for out of date or missing files and nothing has worked.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Try deleting the UI files for the character in question. I have had to do that for pok in particular because I occasionally get characters that crash zoning to there and for some mysterious reason deleting the UI file works even though they are running the same UI files as my other toons.
  6. Sarkaukar Augur

For clarification, these are zones that all of your characters are NOT able to zone into those zones at DIFFERENT times, with the troublesome zone changes after a patch? Or are those the troublesome zones you are having issues with a short time period, on the same day, with no patching occurring?

Also, do you have issues right now zoning all of those zones or is it one specific zone now, while the others you can now get into them?

1st. Right click on the EQ/Launchpad shortcut, properties, compatibility tab, check Run this program as an Admin. This is to ensure zones files are being allowed to be updated.

2nd. If it is one specific zone during patches, attempt to zone into the problematic zone. Do not relaunch the game. Drill down to your EQ directory, Logs folder and locate dbg.txt. Copy and paste the first 100 lines and the last 100 lines here.

There may be a firewall issue which one or more ports are being blocked, either locally, via your ISP, or if your ISP is leasing its connection, then through that ISP.

Not all ISP block will block the same port(s). Also some ports may not be blocked but are metered but once a threshold is met it essentially blocked til it is reset the next day.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Good point if the zone files are not getting updated that would mess things up.
  8. Darkangel New Member

They are zones that I have been able to zone over into one day, then the next I cannot. I have tried different accounts, different characters and would eventually give up and just return home. I haven't tried the other things you have suggested yet- once I do, I will update this post on the results. Thank you for the help with this!
  9. Stedanko New Member

This is sort of happening on one of my characters right now as well. I was playing him fine 2 days ago, used origin aa and logged off for the night, tried to play him the next day and I crash while trying to zone into the game. I try over and over again and am forced to close the game every time I try to log into that one character. The zone hes in is East Cabilis so for testing i rolled up a lvl 1 iksar monk(same race and class as stuck),loaded him up into east cabilis and it loads in just fine, but for whatever reason i cannot log in that one stuck character. I can log in every other character just fine, even tried using the Return Home button and it still crashes. Ive also tried deleting the UI files from the character and that still didn't work. I put in a petition about it over 24 hours ago and still nothing.
  10. Endless Augur

Go into your eqclient and find "Windowmode" If it's true, make it false or the other way around.
  11. Stedanko New Member

Just tried this and it did nothing :(
    Character is still stuck, its been 3 days now. Only character i cannot load into the game.
  12. Sarkaukar Augur

Delete character files UI_toon_servername and toon_servername files then do a thorough file scan from Advanced Tool on the Launchpad. Once in at character selection screen select use default UI.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

ok that eyeball in your sig is very creepy :)