General Tech Support Issues?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by IGiveYouCash, Jan 23, 2015.

1. IGiveYouCash Lorekeeper

2. Sarkaukar Augur

Primary technical support is performed via phone, chat, in-game petition and web support tickets. It has been years since the technical support forums have been the primary way to get help from from SOE techs. The help provided has been provided by fellow players. Even with the Tech support MODERATORS have made any posts, the primary response has been to make a support ticket. Trying to keep track of threads, interact and response to each on this forum is very inefficient and very time consuming, whereas a ticket system allows issues to be tracked and categorized and answered more efficiently.

http://help.soe.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28939/session/L3RpbWUvMTQyMjE2ODgzMS9zaWQvZnVQKmpqZG0=

For the forums are not nor should not be used for primary technical support. It should be used as a to get help from other players, such the assistance may provided is more out of the box suggestions/directions. There are times that SOE tech support can not provide specific instructions due to legal reasons. And on the weekends, posting for assistance on the forums with system details and such while also submitting a ticket would also be one way of using it as it would allow fellow players the ability to provide assistance while waiting on a reply from tech support.

Requests for technical assistance should be game crashing, game running too fast or computer issues that affect how the game plays, unfortunately many of the posts recently generated would be considered bug reports or game suggestions, from a bouncy mount, pet gear, stats on gear correct, etc. Those are not technical issues.

I hope I have provided enough information on why the forums are not and should not be used as the primary form of communication for tech support.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. TSR-AlexS Augur

Sarkaukar is correct. We are here to provide general suggestions but for issues that require more research, it'll require you to submit in a support ticket. I'm sorry that we haven't been given much love to these forums but I promise we'll do our best to help!
  4. Cazmac Augur