General chat overflow channel not getting created

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, May 23, 2020.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I have noticed that on Xegony the overflow channel for General chat does not seem to be getting created when General chat hits 400. It used to take a while before getting created but it doesn't seem to happen at all now.
    JeffHanson and Velisaris_MS like this.
  2. Cacky Elder

On Nameless, for months now there has been no overflow general chat. It kind of looks like someone password protected "general1" and so no one can get into that, and it just stops trying there. Also, this morning, I wish I had taken a screen shot, I would type /join general and it would tell me there were 400 people in general and deny me entry. I did this every 10 o 15 minutes, and then one time it said there were 486 in general! I immediately tried to join again, and it then said there were 396 and let me in. I've never seen anything like that before.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

I think someone on Drinal puts a password on the General1 overflow channel as well. Every once in a while, the overflow will drop into General2, which works, but most of the time, if the main General chat channel is full, there is no overflow.

I think they need to look at this and make sure that players can't password protect channels that are autogenerated by the game.
    JeffHanson likes this.