Gauging Interest for Agnarr Guild

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by the_mindwraith, May 4, 2017.

1. the_mindwraith New Member

Greetings friends,

I am looking at forming a new guild for the Agnarr TLP Server. I have had previous experience with guild formation and leadership across various EQ1/EQ2 servers over the years. Recently, I have played all of the new TLP's including Ragefire, Lockjaw and Phinigel. (I enjoy the initial race to 50 and beyond).

What I am looking to do for Agnarr is to create a very friendly and family orientated guild environment, i.e. no vulgarity or excessive language, etc. But create and maintain a positive, encouraging and helpful environment.

Here is the outline I am working with in terms of raiding. Currently, I look to establish 2-3 days a week of non-mandatory raiding EST time.

Due to the accessibility of content and frequency of instanced raids, I am looking at doing a class specific, /random 1 100 for all raid loot. This format would only be kept until a certain expansion is reached, which would be determined by myself and other leaders within the guild. It is likely that come Luclin (or potentially before) we would initiate a DKP type system (unless this system is preferred by the majority - which I personally prefer).

Here is how this would look. Week 2, upon killing Nagafen and a Cloak of Flames drops - the /random 1 100 roll would only be between those maining Tank/Melee DPS classes. Once this loot has been secured on those toons, others will have an opportunity to win the roll with raiding alts.

Since there is no required raiding, those who raid consecutively, i.e. 3 raids in a row, will have a second roll against the winner IF the winner of the roll has attended less than 3 consecutive raids.

This will allow us to maintain a casual raiding style, while also rewarding and offering added incentive for our players' raid attendance.

Now, before you think and say "This is crazy, it will never work." You have to realize, we will have access to ALL raids, uncontested throughout ALL expansions. It is likely we will be split raiding Classic/Kunark - as well as keeping farm alts to raid previous expansions.

Furthermore I have seen this system flourish on smaller servers where there is only one guild clearing the content. Which will be true of all guilds participating in instanced raiding (given that they can down the target ;) )

I have some interested in joining me at the moment, but am looking for qualified, experienced players to assist in various leadership roles and fine tuning guild specific policies, etc.

The ultimate goal of this guild is to maximize the fun, minimize the fuss and completely get rid of a game becoming a second job. You should be able to work hard, love your family and enjoy a game at your own pace, without being penalized for your raid participation.

If this interests you please reply here. If you are interested in leadership, please send me a PM.

Much thanks,

the Mindwraith
  2. Razzle Augur

We use a similar format. Good luck with your endevours, my friend.
  3. taliefer Augur

i wonder where the DKP demon touched all these people apparently traumatized by DKP systems.

i wish you luck in your endeavor to bring back the rolling to EQ, but there is already one guild that is planning just about everything you posted, Zurdula.

Agnarr is looking like its going to have a very interesting subset of raiding, gonna be fun to watch it play out.
  4. Zansobar Augur

You didn't post your raid days and times...which is usually the deciding factor on whether someone can join your guild or not.
  5. jeskola pheerie

Under these rules clerics would get the bone since a lot of their armor is shared by War/Pal/SK/Brd
  6. the_mindwraith New Member

Zansobar -- the exact raiding schedule is TBD -- but looking at Monday, Wednesday, Friday 7:00pm EST.
  7. the_mindwraith New Member

Jeskola -on the contrary, for items like these cleric mains would be rolling as well. No bone - just luck. For anyone. In fact, clerics among other classes would be more apt to get the bone under loot council and/or DKP systems. And these systems aren't inherently wrong, especially for hardcore, first to see pixel gamers. It's understandable they restrict war/pal/sk/cleric gear to their tanks since ideally the cleric won't be getting hit. But for a casual guild where loot is abundant, I think it more fair to let the dice decide. It's perhaps us agnostic enchanters who have the least amount of luck if the gods are deciding ;)

Also to touch on DKP. I know that I and countless others have seen gear locked out from mains who didn't have enough DKP to stand in a bid war against others who have more DKP than copper, who win the bid by a longshot to gear their alts or to peddle in the east commonland tunnels.

That is why I am for a /random system with small benefits to consistent raiders but not outright making end game gear unobtainable to those who can't commit 40 hours a week. Seems fair to me ;)
  8. Razzle Augur

Some people do not like DKP systems, they hinder people with fluctuating and limited playing schedules from getting loot. The number of this type of player is much larger in the causal sect than people would think. This is the type of player you will be seeking, not the DKPers. Ignore all the "You will fail and your system sucks" comments you will get from the DKP crowd. Random system works just fine if you do it correctly.

You might want to put the raid times you are thinking about so people will know what time zones your in. Keep the faith my friend.
  9. the_mindwraith New Member

Aye I've stated twice now EST evening raid times - and once, it is likely to be around 7pm. It's hard to gauge the exact dates as I want to be sure to incorporate days that work for the majority of the players we have.

As of now I am certain one day will be Monday. As well as a weekend day and possibly midweek on Wednesday.
  10. rajuncajun Lorekeeper

I am interested in joining your guild have played on and off since 99 would be nice to have a raid on thursdays if possible.

thanks
    Jimmy
  11. the_mindwraith New Member

Hey Jimmy thanks for your interest. I have interest from several EQlive players as well as some from various projects such as p99 etc.

I'll be posting a more official post soon as interest continues to develop and a website is set up my friend.

Also looking to roll some toons with the folk on Ragefire or Lockjaw perhaps a week or two out from the server to help anyone get re-familiarized with the game.
  12. rajuncajun Lorekeeper

yes i just made a barb shaman on lockjaw been playing.
  13. taliefer Augur

this is simply not true of any dkp system ive seen.

the guild im in now has several members who hover around 40% raid attendance and are able to get loot, and we are a straight dkp/open bid loot system.

do they get as much loot as 80 to 100 % raiders? of course not, but they arent severely undergeared either.

i just wonder what kind of DKP system burned so many casual players, or if they have ever even been in a dkp system and just judge their bias based "i heard that xxxx" kinda scenario.
  14. Razzle Augur

People can deny it, but there are people that dont like DKP systems for whatever reason. I have many of those type in my guild right now. I made a Hybrid system in attempt to please everyone.
    Troubadurix likes this.
  15. Realist_on_Agnarr New Member

Razzle... I understand that you're young, but..... saying "I have many of those type in MY guild right now" -> Statements like that prove that you are not ready to "lead" a """"big"""" guild bud. You will need a lot of help, and have already received help (mostly from your RL buddy) but, others have and are stepping up for you, but they are looking at you like you are Tommen Baratheon.

I just figured it out! Some others are gauging interest, and you are Tommen'ing around! Not quite Joffrey status, but maybe someday... Starting odds at 7:3 against!
  16. Troubadurix Lorekeeper

1/10 in troll-effort. You are talking about things which you obviously know nothing about.

Now move along.