GamParse 1.0.5 Test

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Yes, all the cert does is verify it came from me
    Lisandra likes this.
  2. Raste New Member

I am getting an error message when it tries to do the automatic backup. Looks like a Microsoft.net error but not really sure.

I can load up gamparse 1.03 version and it will do the back up just fine, its only in the newer version.

I was wondering if you could add paragon of spirit into the received spells list like black wolf and bard epic stuff and celestial regeneration would be nice as well.

Otherwise all the new stuff has been awesome so far. Appreciate your work on parser, I don't play without it.
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I can't fix a bug if I don't know what it is raste.
  4. Raste New Member

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue. the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
    ************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentException: Path cannot be the empty string or all whitespace.
    at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
    at GamParse.MainScreen.BackupLogfile()
    at GamParse.MainScreen.timer2_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    GamParse
    Assembly Version: 1.0.5.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.5.0
    CodeBase: file:///D:/GamParse-1.0.5-Test.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    ************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.
    For example:
    <configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>
    When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

This is what pops up when it fails. Any word on adding those two things as received spells also? Not a big deal on fix, I can always rename file manually or just reload older version as workaround. Thank you for your time!
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You didn't specify a location to save the backup file... which is causing the error. It should be defaulting the location though, I'll have to check that part.
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Ok, it should be fixed now.

If you don't enter a backup location it should default to the \logs\backup\ folder. (The old default).

If you enter a bad backup location it should prompt you with a dialog box to choose a folder, the same as if you clicked the button in the options.
    If you then select a folder, it will backup that location, and save that location in the settings file for the future.
    If you don't select a folder, it will give you a notice that it could not backup because there was a bad location.

Additional Changes:
    1) I added the ability to use a local settings file. What this means is it will check if there is a settings file in the same folder as the .exe, (like it used to) and if it finds it, it will use that over the one stored in the AppData folder. If it cannot find a local settings file, it will load the one in the AppData folder instead. This is primarily for those that use the standalone .exe instead of installing the program.

Note that I DO NOT recommend you do this. The preferred method is to use the installer and let it install into the default locations.

2) Added a check for Paragon. Note that this will count BOTH regular and focused Paragon together since they use the same messaging.
    3) Added a check for Quiet Miracle. Note that this will count QM, Marr's (Paladin self-only version) and Veturika's (Cleric self-only version) together since they use the same messaging.
    4) Added Invulnerability as a new defensive type and split it off on the tanking tab.

Previously, any attacks against you while DA were counted along with Runes as an "absorb" type. This is no longer the case. Invulnerability is now it's own defensive hit type, and is listed first, since it is checked before Riposte and the rest.

Tanking Order of Operations is now: Invulnerability > Riposte > Block > Parry > Dodge > Shield Block/Staff Block > Defended > Strikethrough > Miss > Hits > Absorbed > Real Hits

Note:
    Despite being checked first, Invulnerability is NOT counted as "Defended" since it is not a real defensive skill. It DOES affect the attempts for subsequent calculations.
    Strikethrough is still subject to the same problems as mentioned in previous posts and is still not shown. I included it here for completeness' sake.

It's not great, but here is an example:
    [IMG]

It is NOT yet available for download yet as I have to doublecheck a few more things. Check back tomorrow.
    Lisandra likes this.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Ok, updated .exe is available via the link in the first post for those that want it. Please double check the tanking changes since that is a complex system.

Additionally, if people want to suggest new popular spells for their class for level 105, please let me know. This is the current list of spells/AAs GP checks to identify what class you are, but it is mostly level 96-100 range so I need new stuff:

BST,Edoth's Chill
    BST,Frozen Carbomate
    CLR,Reverent Light
    CLR,Hand of Fervor
    CLR,Graceful Remedy
    DRU,Vivification
    DRU,Spirit of the White Wolf
    DRU,Spirit of the Black Wolf
    DRU,Group Spirit of the Black Wolf
    ENC,Mindcleave
    ENC,Mindscythe
    ENC,Foresight
    MAG,Force of Elements
    MAG,Ancient: Nova Strike
    MAG,Spear of Blistersteel
    MAG,Relentless Servant
    MNK,Thunderfoot
    MNK,Peace of the Disciple Strike
    NEC,Impel for Blood
    NEC,Ignite Thoughts
    NEC,Pyre of Marnek
    NEC,Scent of Terris
    NEC,Life Burn
    PAL,Blessing of Life
    PAL,Splash of Cleansing
    RNG,Focused Rain of Arrows
    RNG,Forecasted Shots
    SHD,Terror of Poira
    SHD,Touch of the Cursed
    SHD,Harm Touch
    SHD,Terror of Desalin
    SHM,Turgur's Swarm
    SHM,Prophet's Gift of the Ruchu
    WAR,Strike of Ire
    WAR,Infusion of Rage
    WIZ,Force of Will
    WIZ,Force of Flame
    WIZ,Force of Ice
    WIZ,Hole in Space
    WIZ,Fury of Ro
    WIZ,Fury of Kerafyrm
  8. Iila Augur

Resurgence is the new version of Vivifacation
    Panavida is the new druid light heal
    Remote Sunflash is our new remote
    Blessing of Ro looks like a druid unique AA name.

Storm Strike isn't a 100% unique to druids spell name, but the above plus Anabatic Roar would pick me correctly on almost all fights. Including short exp group ones.
  9. Crystilla Augur

Spiritual Remedy
    Ardent Light
    Fraught Renewal
    Word of Reformation (level 100)/Word of Greater Reformation (level 105)

Some TDS suggestions for the cleric one.
  10. Sancus Augur

MAG,Force of Elements
    MAG,Ancient: Nova Strike #Am I missing something uber here? Never used this spell before
    MAG,Spear of Molten Shieldstone #Unsure how many are using new vs old
    MAG,Remorseless Servant
  11. Brohg Augur

As a shaman I use Counterbias much more regularly than Turgur's Swarm
  12. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Rogue:
    Barrage
    Executioner's Discipline
    Lethality

Executioner is level 100, but it's the final upgrade to that, and is one of our burn discs that doesn't seem to share a message with another one. There ARE other spells named Barrage, but I don't think it shares a message with them. Tho I think it DOES share a message with the others in the line, and this is bread and butter for a rogue dpsing. Lethality is a proc from an AA, and it procs a LOT. I don't believe it shares a message with anything else either, and can also be used to identify other rogues in the raid. If I'm mistaken, shoot me a PM, and I'll give you some more options.
  13. Brohg Augur

Rogues are currently identified very reliably by Backstabbing, do discs need to be on the list?
  14. Dr Dice Elder

Love the updates so far. Keep up the good work
    Lisandra likes this.
  15. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

They do if they aren't backstabbing.
  16. Brohg Augur

Rogues who disc ... but don't backstab. Need to be identified. Of course, how silly of me!
  17. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Some fights are range fights, sir. Can't backstab from a distance! Think Lethality can still proc from throwing and/or archery tho. I'll have to test that, now that I think about it. I don't pay much attention to it anymore.
    SaderakhBertox likes this.
  18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Ok, a small update before Christmas: Revamped Loot tab!
    • Instead of the multiple lists, there is now a single list with more detailed information such as date/time as well as zone.
    • There are now dropdown boxes you can use to filter the results.
    The boxes are auto populated with each item, player name, date, and zone.
    [IMG]

The same list with item and zone filters applied:
    [IMG]

A few things to note:

The layout isn't necessarily set in stone yet. I am open to suggestions for improvement.
    I added code to parse coin looted from corpses, but I haven't yet set it to output yet because I am still deciding what the best method to display the information is.

The options I am considering are:
    1) Display each type (Platinum, Gold, Silver, Copper) as a separate item and have them display like the items above.
    2) Display a single 'Currency' item, with the values in the blank column at the end
    3) Split the window and display the platinum in a separate list below the item list. This allows math operations like summing up the values etc.

Additionally, I believe I have resolved the issue of it stopping parsing if it backs up. (I never had it happen to me, but others have reported this issue).

You can download the test version from the link in the first post.

Provided there are no other pressing issues, this will be the last change to 1.0.5 and I will finish up the documentation and put out a release version.
    Sancus and Lisandra like this.
  19. Apoc Augur

I always run into a lot of issues with gamparse giving accurate numbers on fights where u fight more then one mob of the same name. Seems to really affect the actual dps maybe because im not in range for the slain message not sure exactly?
  20. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

When they're named exactly the same, the log (and therefore the parser) can't tell which is which. So all the damage done to both mobs is tallied for the first kill. Only then does it start a count for the second mob. The only way to actually get total damage would be to combine the two, but you'll never be able to sort out who did how much to which one. At least not until SOE turns Random_Mob_Name into Random_Mob_Name_923849375 when it enters your log.
    Beimeith likes this.