Gamecards

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Igorath-Bertox, May 4, 2015.

1. Igorath-Bertox Elder

When will new gamecards be available for those of us who don't have or don't want to risk using a credit card?
  2. guado Augur

If you're not talking about specifically Daybreak Game Company branded cards, then I don't know. In the off chance you're not, I recently picked up several game cards, they're still around. It doesn't look like stores (in my area) are ordering more once sold out, though. With the recent release with the DBG Logo, I'd imagine they already have new Game Cards in production. My best guess? 4 months or less.
    Target
    Gamestop
    Wal-Mart, usually includes 500 extra currency.
  3. Behee Augur

They stopped doing that about a year ago.
  4. Taloz New Member

I would also like to know what the future plan for gamecards is. I just recently bought the last 3 at my local GameStop,and was told they didn't know if or when they would be getting more.
  5. Barton The Mischievous

The ones I bought last month from Wal-Mart $15 and used gave the bonus 500.
  6. Igorath-Bertox Elder

Well several people on Bertox were saying Gamestop (and another game store) were telling them the old Soe cards were deactivated. I'm assuming that means they couldn't be, well, activated at time of purchase.

Hopefully something gets sorted out by the time the prog server comes online.
  7. guado Augur

If it came out of the mouth of a Gamestop employee, I'd personally prefer confirmation from a corporate contact. Don't trust what someone says behind the counter at Gamestop. They probably haven't even heard of EverQuest.
    Barton likes this.
  8. Behee Augur

All cards give the bonus now, not just Walmart. It's not like you get an additional 500 SOE points over the other retailers cards.
  9. Barton The Mischievous

Where was this announced?
    Only cards I know of that give retailer bonuses are the $15 Wal-Mart SOE 1500 or 30 day Card and the $20 Gamestop Landmark Branded Red Cards that specifically say 500 bonus on them the normal blue colored ones did not. All the other things I have read or seen were promotional 1 of events.
  10. guado Augur

Actually, you did. With one walmart SC card (that says bonus 500 SC) you yielded 2000 SC plus the 500 free SC from the monthly claim.
  11. Geroblue Augur

I haven't seen any of the SOE game cards for several months now. I have bout 2000 S c for $20 through my account here, but that is over priced as far as I'm concerned. I only did it that once.
  12. Behee Augur

We use Gamestop and Bestbuy cards for subscriptions. Each of those activates the 30 days, plus the 500 store credits you get with all subs.

My Walmart cards bought at a Walmart store (rather than online) no longer say they give 500 points, and they didn't. I got the same 500 points I get from Gamestop/Bestbuy cards.
  13. TibalMurphy Elder

The Walmart in Anderson CA still sells gamecards....I dunno what the problem is.
  14. Barton The Mischievous

Are you talking about the all access 500 point claim or 500 bonus retailer cash? I bought 3 $15 Wal Mart Cards last month redeemed them for all access got 500 bonus per each card and claimed my 500 cash for all access. This was in Texas, I will be buying 3 more soon will update this when I do, maybe I got some older cards or something?
  15. Behee Augur

It could be your Walmart still has older stock, or that my Walmart is getting the cards meant for sale online (Walmart online cards don't include the bonus). We used to buy a ton of the Walmart cards just because of that bonus.
    Barton likes this.
  16. Geroblue Augur

Wal-Mart had 2 versions of the SOE game cards.

1) online only, no bonus 500SC

2) buy in store, they activate, scratch off and use when you login, gives 2000 SC, including the 500 SC bonus.

The ones SOE sold in stores last fall, left off the '500 SC bonus if purchased in Wal-MArt' and gave it anyway.

My guess is non-Wal-Mart stores got upset they were losing money as people bought them from Wal-Mart, wanting the 500SC bonus.
  17. Fidde Lorekeeper

The Walmart cards used to advertise 1500 + 500 Bonus or 30 Day game time. Its not out of the realm of possibility that Walmart's buying power requested that they got a better deal then other retailers. They slowly phased out the cards that advertised the bonus and stocked the regular ones that didn't say anything about a bonus(they also no longer gave the bonus). It may have been a special to get awareness that Walmart sold the cards. Buy some milk, and a SOE card!

[IMG]
  18. Haggr New Member

Just went to Target and Gamestop today, Target no longer has any of the SOE Everquest game cards on the shelf, and Gamestop had 2 but they said they were inactive and were supposed to be removed from shelf. i used to buy them at Target all the time, seems the game is too old for Gamestop to care about it.
  19. Haggr New Member

So since i don't have a credit card or access to one, and I sure as hell am not about to try attaching a bank account to anything online, can anyone tell me exactly how we are to renew memberships since a check or cash wont fit through my computer cable. I wouldn't mind buying game cards if they actually had any around where I live. Places that did have them they are no more.
  20. Barton The Mischievous

Maybe a prepaid Credit Card? I would hope that we will be seeing rebranded Daybreak Cards soon my Wal-Mart is almost out of the SOE ones as well.