Game Update: Wednesday, April 2, 2014 at 4:00AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Yaviey, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Yaviey New Member

[IMG]

All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Wednesday, April 2, 2014 at 4:00 AM PDT*. The servers are estimated to be unavailable for approximately 5 hours.

This patch is to add in content for the Plane of War. Make sure to keep an eye on the EverQuest website and the forums for status updates and for news such as if additional downtime is needed. Thank you for your patience!

*Time Zone Converter
  2. Imableeder Elder

3. Yaviey New Member

4. pk76 Augur

what about more named spawn ? we are ( were ) suppose to have a week with increased chance to pop a named......
    last time i camped a named , killing all named ph ( 3 ) and i got one ( 1 ) named to pop after 7hours non stop killing and he didn' t drop what i was looking for, but i got it next repop............................
  5. surion New Member

Why oh why can't we get a notice of this posted on the launcher a week BEFORE the patch. This is 3rd or 4th time that I've taken the day off of work JUST to play with friends, only to see that 5 hours of my play time is now GONE and I should have just gone to work! This is so very frustrating. Not everyone checks the forums religiously, and the launcher is the only way I ever know. This was posted less than 24 hours ago. We need days or a week PLEASE!!!!
  6. prexusnexus New Member

dont take time off work to play EQ....
  7. kuuleo Journeyman

agree with Surion, and the lvl 95+ still need a hot zone just throwing that out there, we spent money buying the expansion and spent the time and work making it up there, we should have the privilege of enjoying a hot zone.
  8. kuuleo Journeyman

not the taking work off but would like the better informing EQ players earlier, and in the launcher.
  9. surion New Member

That's really not the point. The point is poor communication from SOE about these patches. I'm not specifically taking a vacation day to play EQ. My supervisor asks a week ahead which morning shift I'd like off M-F. I checked with two IRL friends who play and we arrange to meet up in game according to work schedules. It's similar to arranging our schedules to meet up and spend the day at Six Flags, only to find out that they closed for the day.
  10. Riou EQResource

They said PoWar would go live on this day like 2 or 3 weeks ago :p and it couldn't go live without a Patch.
    Sinestra likes this.
  11. Chinook New Member

What could seriously take 5 hours ? Off topic.... why would SOE not put in some new mini raids instead of that great idea of having RoF t4 raid gear drop off of random mobs. Would make sense to me but I don't work for SOE so what do i know : )
  12. jaslyn New Member

I just came back in January and have noticed Every Wednesday they have had a patch.I have started to call it patch Wednesday... they also have some patches Tuesday but mostly Wednesday is patch days!
    Sinestra likes this.
  13. ldt1 New Member

Just a warning after downloading new patch today, my antivirus flagged a high lvl threat in the everquest executable, it cleaned the file, i reset pc, ran the patcher again and it didnt patch any more files in, was flagged as identity threat, first time in all my time playing eq over the years this has happened
  14. Ratbo Peep Augur

While most likely a false positive, it would be nice to get to the bottom of it.
    Starters might be sharing what your antivirus software is?
    -Rat
  15. jaslyn New Member

question will this patch deal with zoning problems where my comp crashed when zoning... my comp did not have this problem until the heroic patch now at least 2 to 3 times a day my comp crashes to desktop when i zone and i have to reload game.
  16. Ratbo Peep Augur

From the patch notes:
    Rogues can now successfully reduce their aggro by using hide while auto-attack is enabled.

My questions is:
    Do other classes that have the ability to hide (like Rangers) also reduce aggro when using hide with auto-attack enabled?
    -Rat
    Cazmac likes this.
  17. Ratbo Peep Augur

But was it the patch that caused this?
    Coincidence can be a powerful persuader that a causal link exists where none is verified.
    -R
  18. jaslyn New Member

well i have reported it every time it happened and it is just EQ that crashes and it is only when i zone... so it seems to be a zoning bug or to many people in that zone as it usually happens in guild lobby pok... but i i had not had the problem until the heroic quest i had never had eq crash before that patch.
  19. ldt1 New Member

[IMG]
  20. ldt1 New Member

oh btw that is today my pc clock/date is wrong lol :p