Game randomly hitches for 2-3 seconds

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Huskotron, Oct 31, 2023.

1. Huskotron New Member

Seek and destroy mission it is. Soon as I settle down for the night I'll give that a shot.
  2. Metanis Bad Company

Since it happens on two different devices you'd want to look at the commonalities. Which is why we initially thought in terms of your ISP or network environment. Since the problem persists after using your phone hotspot then you still would want to try and determine what's common between the two computers. Paid antivirus? Printer? Scanner? Microwave nearby? Neighbor with a 50,000 watt CB transmitter? I know I'm being ridiculous, but what else can affect two devices in the exact same fashion?

In real life I saw a situation where a laser printer on the same 120v circuit would cause a desktop to frequently reboot. Every time the fuser heater came on it dropped the voltage so far the PC had trouble staying on. So sometimes you have to troubleshoot the environment in addition to the actual devices.

But all that said, I'd still web search "PC Tune-up" and review some of the steps. Here's a good starting point.. 12 Simple Tips to Speed Up Windows | PCMag
  3. Huskotron New Member

I've definitely fully disabled my antivirus as a test (it's common between both devices) and it had no effect on the issue... I'll see if there are other commonalities as the issue also persists on my laptop with it totally disconnected from any power source, which might rule out a possible power drop.
  4. Huskotron New Member

This afternoon I also tried installing the game fresh on my wife's computer. Same issue. The only commonality between the three machines hardware-wise is that they all have Nvidia graphics cards and potentially the same antivirus (unsure if my wife has the one I use)
  5. Lodestar The Undefeated

(1) Focus on what I recommended; (2) try uninstalling anti-virus fully on one computer; and (3) also try uninstalling Geforce Experience if you're running it on any of the computers (the only issue of Nvidia that could potentially relate to this would be Geforce Experience, but it's unlikely). Always best to run only the Nvidia drivers standlone, and not Geforce Experience (bloatware, HUD overlays, background tasking).
  6. Huskotron New Member

1. I have been, I was just giving additional context.
    2. I'll try that after I see if optimizing windows has had any appreciable impact.
    3. I've uninstalled it now. Will test to see if the issue is resolved before I uninstall my AV to try again.
  7. Huskotron New Member

I'm not sure if changing my startup programs or uninstalling Geforce Experience did it, but after I did both of those and rebooted I was able to run around for 20ish minutes without the issue happening. Going to try again today after work to see if it's actually gone.
    Metanis likes this.
  8. Metanis Bad Company

Good to hear you're making progress.
  9. Huskotron New Member

With as many assorted things I've tried with absolutely zero progress it felt good to at least have the appearance of progress last night.