Game crashes as soon as loading screen finishes after character select. (Mangler)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by oddservant, May 20, 2019.

1. oddservant New Member

I am able to boot the game, get to character select, but when I select my character and log in, the loading bar reaches 100% and immediately crashes. I've verified files, I've restarted computer, and I have completely reinstalled the game now. Nothing has helped...

I just started playing yesterday, and had zero problems. Wake up today, and now can't play.
  2. oddservant New Member

So I guess this is specific only to the one character I created last night.

I seem to be able to make new characters and log into them just fine.
  3. oddservant New Member

Ok so I had to create a new character, and run him to the zone where my character who was crashing was, and now I can now log back into my dude who was crashing.
  4. oddservant New Member

Sweet, well I went to the next zone over, game crashed, and now the same toon is incapable of logging in again.

This seems like a pretty weird bug to have after 20 years of a game being live...

Is there some way of fixing this so I don't have to run a second character around fixing zones that have crashed?
  5. oddservant New Member

Ok, well now the method of bringing a different toon to the zone where my character is who can't log in, no longer works. And I am back to not being able to log in my character at all.

2 hours I've spent just trying to log in and play my main character... This is beyond ridiculous.
  6. oddservant New Member

I was able to have a friend log into my character and move him to a different zone, hoping that would solve the problem, but no. I am still unable to log into my own character on my own computer.

I do not understand how this is even possible.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

8. Maclypse New Member

I thought I posted this earlier, but maybe not.

Go to your Everquest Directory. Find the file named 'UI_CharacterName_Server.ini' and delete or rename it. Should fix your problem. I was having this issue on my laptop but not my PC. Not sure why, but that fixed it on the laptop.

Quick Edit: This DOES mean you'll have to re-setup your UI.