FV chat

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Kraiser, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Kraiser New Member

So I decided to come back to the game and just do a fresh restart on FV. I have been playing on the server now for about a week and I came to the awesome discovery that all my characters ( I three box atm ) talk gibberish to each other in say. There apparently is not a common tongue on FV because here thar be dragons and RP, but seriously I would love to be able to communicate with people in game. If someone can give me some pointers it would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Lisyonok Journeyman

On FV Elvish language is considered 'common'. Take your toons over to their trainers and train a point in Elvish (Or ask in gen chat for someone to spam you a skillup or two).
    And then spam your group with chat while set to Elvish.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

If you happen to see me on (Gooshy), just send me a tell using [tell. I'll be happy to set you up with a few points. You'll be able to train the rest with in-group spamming. =)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Rhodz Augur

Gooshy is good people.

Tell you how I did this when I came back.
    Create a new free account if you dont have one already.
    Make a Woodelf of any class and run it to the pok book, short safe run, go to pok.
    Group this new char with whatever char to learn the language and spam group chat with elvish.
    Macros make this so easy.
    Works for any starting language and there are benefits to having a large language base.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Miss_Jackie like this.
  5. acxsasx New Member

Just wanted to point out that you literally type the square bracket instead of the slash before the "tell" command. That way Gooshy can understand you no matter what the language.

My SK, Axeface has all the languages so if you want to learn some Elder Dragon or Goblin. For a dumb ogre he has been around a bit. ;)
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  6. Numiko Augur

go to your trainer, put one point into each language you want to learn, as you three box just group with your other two characters and make a macro

/g this is how we learn
    /g this is how we learn
    /g this is how we learn
    /g this is how we learn
    /g this is how we learn

put the macro in box 1 of your hotkey bar, switch your spoken language to the one you wish to learn and then just spam the macro as fast as you can click.

It usually take me roughly 10-15 minutes to get each language to 100, but depends on how fast you are, haveing a G15 type keyboard really helps with this too.