Furious Bash Mod Upgrade

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Agnor, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Agnor Journeyman

Any chance of a Furious Bash Mod Upgrade for the Secondary Slot (Shield) from the old level 65-70 items being introduced into the new release for level 105 items?

Either an AC Secondary Aug with Furious Bash effect or a shield with the same for War/Pal/SK? Something dropped or no-drop and rare.

It would help the Paladin class considerably. I am not sure a new hate mod is needed for the Warrior and Shadow Knight classes. Some may feel, I am sure, that Paladins do not need an additional hate mod. But, I know a lot of Paladins that will disagree with that... Consider yourself lucky if you don't need it, and share your knowledge of maintaining aggro against Shadow Knights and Warriors here:
  2. Riou EQResource

It wouldn't help as much as you think it would, iirc back then it was parsed to like an additional 50 hate per bash (9s reuse). This is the reason it wasn't bothered with upgrading.
  3. Reval Augur

They could always make it good enough to be worthwhile, heh. I think that's more in line with the OP's intentions of posting this than just being shut down immediately.
  4. Brohg Augur

That mod is on every tank mask now.
  5. Brudal Augur

True to a point, mask mod is a flat 22~25% mod depending on effect where Furious Bash 7 is 1~70%. Net effect is minor but would still be an average increase in hate generation.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  6. Riou EQResource

Furious Bash hate mod only works on the Bash skill, nothing else gets modded. It would need a like 10000% aggro mod on it to start getting interesting.
  7. mackal Augur

Which is why it stopped being used :p
  8. Brudal Augur

My mistake, I was going off the description from raidloot which included spell and bash hate.

[2461] Furious Bash VII
    Mana: 400
    Target: Single
    Range: 100'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 1s
    Duration: 5.2m (52 ticks), Dispelable: Yes, Allow Fast Regen: No
    1: Increase Spell and Bash Hate by 1% to 70%
    2: Limit Effect: Type 999
    3: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
  9. Riou EQResource

Here we go, http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/ho...&sid=d17a9707d481d13b426541d727a4297b#p993442

I'm not sure why Raidloot includes "Spell" phrase in it, I think that is just an old parser thing that was never updated to modern stuff. It looks to use a different SPA then regular aggro mask one. I'm wondering if it is either Bash only or Special Skill Only SPA and then possibly the limit 999 means Bashes only or something.

Thanks for that note though Brudal, every spell parser looks to have it "wrong" (or phrased bad), it means 1 more SPA needs fixed :)
  10. mackal Augur

This.
  11. Rumstil Lorekeeper

The raidloot description was just copied from Lucy.

However, SPA 130 is the same one that is used on Silent Casting AA - which is described as "Reduces the amount of hate generated by your spell casting for up to %z."
  12. Riou EQResource

Then that suggests the limit 999 indeed has to mean Bash Skill Only as Mackal suggests?
    Iila likes this.
  13. Dzarn Developer

SPA 311 Base1 of 999 is dummy data so that the spells don't actually focus anything.
    The combat code does stupid things related to SPA 130 if it is found on a shield.

SPA 130 description: Modifies hate generated by focused spell by a random Base1 to Base2%. Positive values increase hate. Negative values decrease hate. [If this SPA is on a shield then add hate a second time for a bash attack = Damage * ThisRoll (*2 if the PC is a warrior).] Applied before SPA 114 or 444.
    Sheex, FurySoul, Riou and 1 other person like this.
  14. mackal Augur

We were all wrong, it was magic! And things mean nothing! Also Dzarn, that means Furious Bash is more beneficial to WAR than SHD/PAL?
  15. Zarzac Augur

Knowledge:
    You shouldn't be having to maintain aggro vs SK's and Warriors. All these class have taunt so they can all steal aggro from each other if they choose to play poorly.