Fun and Functional ideas for EQ

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by flash000, Sep 12, 2018.

1. flash000 Augur

I dont do this alot but im in a good mood and wanted to compliment the dev team on eq especially art departments they do amazing work.

That being said i had some thoughts regarding Mercs and illusions i would like to put out for the dev tam to consider for next expansion.

For a quality of life request could it be possible to add a mercenary AA that reduces the suspend time on merc on death?

can a AA be added to make the cleric merc do a forced battle rez added command like called assist?

Now for the art department you guys really do amazing work im not sure whos still around there but i would be here all day posting pics of some of the artwork in eq i like so much.

One of the things id like to bring up to the dev team is the different merc types if there was a quest or vendor to trade in mercs to gain types from previous expansions ?

I am sure there are tons of people that would love a chance to change the merc types maybe make it one of two ways one a quest to change it to a certain set and another obtainable through store?

The angel looking character model in plane of health would be amazing for a new merc type or player illusions.

The animated armor in lceanium is great its already a merc but no longer obtainable.

The red skeleton mercs are great to match up with necro and shadow knights

I really think the dev are missing a opportunity to make the game more money by not giving more merc options through station store.

It wouldnt affect game play just be a nice ascetics benefit.

Another ascetic change would be to take the gear type restrictions off armor ornamentation.
    So all classes can use all types of ornaments.

In addition if possible to make a line that takes robe types and uses a half cut grafic that can be matched with other leg armor.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

In regards to mercs; How about an AA line that speeds up their movement?
  3. flash000 Augur

im a bard and i can say a merc on bard speed is like a 5 year old on a unlimited candy high.

its not the speed it needs it needs a better ai...

mele merc suddenly charge out 50 feet to kill stuff its bad juju
  4. svann Augur

merc armor ornamentation
  5. Metanis Bad Company

Mercs are what familiar's should've been. Now we need some real mercenaries.
  6. flash000 Augur

npc mercs that you can hire to gank other PC ....

what would be fun would be to have some of your alts logged in as mercs ... get reduced exp...
    Yinla likes this.
  7. flash000 Augur

EQ art appreciation i had time to include some please post some of your own if you can.

I love the buildings here the design here was great

[IMG]

The image here below doesnt do it justice this animated armor model is fantastic i highly recommend if any Devs read this to please make this a player illusion at some point. I know this was given as merc skin but is no longer accessible so mad i missed out on it now. If at all possible can this be added to pet illusion skins ?

[IMG]

Another zone with great artwork great design Plane of Health

One of the character models here i really liked also wish the model was usable as a player illusion merc skin or pet skin.

[IMG]

Again the image here doesn't do the model justice the art team did a great job o this char model.
    any lore on these characters ?

[IMG]
  8. Tiggold Augur

The animated armor you posted a SS of is used in the locked zones of TDS like Arx Mentis and there is a mask with the illusion that drops called Mask of Sparks. Appreciating the zones and art is yet another reason to earn your way into TDS imo.
  9. flash000 Augur

wasnt aware Mask of Sparks. existed thank you
  10. Wulerdar Gnome Slayer

how about an AA that makes them move to exactly where you want them =P