FTP/Silver Accounts and Prices

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tharrg, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Tharrg Augur

Look, I dont know if this has been discussed much, but is there any plans to change the Plat limit or too give players a chance to remove that limit. Currently I can not level because In order to do so I will need to get new armor and that armor costs more than the limit. I have heard people say to buy items to trade, however since we can not use the Bazaar to sell or barter all we can do is spam general and auction chat which typically I find rude to do. Is there any plans to add a SC buyable to unlock Bazaar and plat limits?
  2. Tobynn Augur

Believe those people are referring to merchant-sold items that you can stockpile to accumulate wealth.

As an quick example, look at Blue Diamonds -- merchants sell them for 300p and merchants buy them for 250p. Sure, you lose some plat in the buying and selling, but stockpiling items of known fixed value allows you to accumulate some wealth. Players know that a stack of blue diamonds is worth 25000 plat at any merchant.

Blue diamonds are actually a poor choice of an item to buy, there are better options that won't cost you as much % loss in the buying/selling.
  3. Saroc_Luclin Augur

I believe that it was announced recently that the Plat limits on F2P accounts was being removed, probably when Krono are introduced in game. (Since that's the trigger for the similar restriction being removed in EQ2)
  4. Tobynn Augur

The change was announced for EQ2, and we assume EQ1 will follow suit, but at present I don't believe it has been officially confirmed for EQ1. Whether the cap will remain in place until Krono go live on EQ1 is also unknown -- perhaps the plat caps will be removed independent of the Krono launch on EQ1.
    Geroblue and Vouivre like this.
  5. Cakeny Augur

Finding market channel for server would help.