Frustration with how one silver restriction is implemented

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Shillingworth, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Shillingworth Augur

Yesterday I logged in to play for Eternal Sovereign's fundraiser. I've been above the AA cap on silver for awhile and have been at the Experience cap for a couple of months. This primarily is what kept me from playing under silver restrictions, aside from having to use random pieces of non-prestige gear, but I digress.

The implementation of the Experience and AA cap was incredibly annoying, especially during raids where I needed to watch the chat windows for event cues (a.k.a. emotes). Every single time something died I was spammed with the warning about being at the Experience and AA cap. There is no reason this warning should be so long or even that it should be sent in text every single kill.

Possible solutions:
    - At the very least please consider adding a filter to the options window to disable it.
    - The AA cap is already visible in the AA window, no need to echo it in chat.
    - Maybe add a display for character level in inventory window that looks like the AA cap display where it's "95/95" if your level 95 and the level cap is 95.

Once you hit a certain point under silver restrictions your only reason to play becomes one of helping others and keeping up with old friends. Little annoyances like this removes that incentive. People logging in for those reasons really shouldn't be penalized as it is positive reinforcement for others they come in contact with to keep playing.
  2. Geroblue Augur

Sounds like a good idea to me... but they probably want you to switch to gold and won't implement the filter.
  3. Toquillaw Augur

I can see how it would be irritating, but at the same time ... it's free to play and you got a ton of play time getting a character to maximum levels and AA's. Surely that is worth paying to increase your AA limit, which also solves this problem. It's what happens when you get to a certain point without paying, and I could probably support some changes there but then again, dev time is tight these days and there are a lot of issues to resolve before this for the people who actually pay.

So, I would say yes to changing it (it's not a fix, since it is not broken, just irritating), but at a low priority.
  4. Geroblue Augur

I realize they would like all 5 of my accounts to be paid, but it isn't going to happen. They get 45 dollars from 3 paid accounts now.
  5. Toquillaw Augur

And nobody says you have to. It is a choice you make. It is worth the extra cost or it isn't.
  6. Geroblue Augur

I remember the discussion, not with a SOE employee involved, about silver getting to someday have access to blag of plat. Someone calculated how many levels the silver character would have to get to. 35th level if I remember correctly. Then bag of plat was removed fomr the loyalty points screen visible to silver accounts. Brone would have to get to level about 125. This was looking at the plat cap.

I retire next year, so I'll very likely just have one paid account then.