Frustrated with my wizard box.

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Daedly, Apr 25, 2019.

1. kizant Augur

Well don't forget that your other casters benefit from vortex too. So, if we're just talking your wizard's DPS you might want to be careful when you use it but with that group I wouldn't worry too much. It's probably always worth it.

Plus if you really want to compare mage dps with wizard at that point you probably want to try not casting vortex for a while to see the difference in mage dps.
  2. Mookus Augur

Wizards suck if were not critting. I can cast my biggest spell and do like 140k with it, but it can crit in a raid for 2mill with all the extra stuff going on.

If you're boxing, I don't know how you would do it but you also need to be cycling the three crit options we have... spire/arcane destruction/Frenzied Devastation.

Spell crits were introduced for wizards only once upon a time. As with all things wizard... this was subsequently farmed out in better versions to other classes. Now, wizards have the lowest crit rate.

Wizards haven't won a raid parse in my guild since I joined ever in 3 years since I joined. We are stoked when we make the top ten. I thought the balance pendulum would swing back someday but clearly it won't.
  3. kizant Augur

There's really no scenario where you should be using 1st spire for crit rate.
  4. Mookus Augur

oh yeah. I got 2nd mixed up in my mind as something to hit that refreshes fast, but I meant 2nd. Even though it only makes crits bigger. And to stack with the other two when burning.
  5. kizant Augur

Ah ok that makes sense. It just sounded at first like you were talking about keeping crit rate high and included spires as a way to do that. Though I wish they would increase first spire to make it an option at least worth considering from time to time. I forget what value I was suggesting in our old wish thread that got deleted but it was at least another 5% or something.
  6. Daedly Augur

I was wondering why his crit rate seemed so low compared to the others. I figured it was just some kind of ADPS buff that that helped the others and not my wizard. I will work on a way to cycle those instead of saving them. Thank you.
  7. Brohg Augur

Max ranks:

Fury of Magic (30) 100 CLR, DRU, SHM, NEC, MAG, ENC 18 / 301 -
    1: Increase Chance to Critical Nuke by 57%
    This passive ability increases your chance to land a critical hit with your direct damage spells by 57%.

Fury of Magic (21) 105 PAL, RNG, SHD, BRD, BST 13 / 169 -
    1: Increase Chance to Critical Nuke by 40%
    This passive ability increases your chance to land a critical hit with your direct damage spells by 40%.

Fury of Magic (35) 110 WIZ 85 / 683 -
    1: Increase Chance to Critical Nuke by 50%
    This passive ability increases your chance to land a critical hit with your direct damage spells by 50%.
  8. Morigaine Elder

A late follow up wizard box dps question. I happened upon an inexpensive Skylance (EOK chase). Does the addition of the additional type 8 slot augment and proc outweigh the superior stats of the premier staff from GMM? I have done some preliminary parsing but was uncertain how to balance the proc vs the mana in stats from a priority perspective.
  9. Brohg Augur

trust your parsing. make the +dps choice.