Frostfell - Searching for Clues

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by GNOME_POWER, Dec 5, 2021.

1. GNOME_POWER Augur

Yes, new characters can take this quest without any problems, but old characters don't seem to be able to continue.
    There is a space there and it's very uncool.
    I left behind, but can't I continue?

character A
    [IMG]

character B
    [IMG]
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think it is just visual. I had a character who had the same thing as what shows in the second picture you have. I did the "searching for clues" and it checked the box.

Looked again a few hours later and the "saving Santug" was then unchecked. But it had been checked earlier.

The only thing your actually missing is the last two steps, "Santa Clugg in many cities", which goes active later, only for the day before and after the 24th
  3. Laloru Moonmist New Member

I have the first task done but the helper keeps giving me searching for clues again - and then it won't update. I'm unable to get "Saving Santug".
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

Did you do Saving Santug in years past? Zam has it marked as non repeatable.
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=3921
  5. Laloru Moonmist New Member

I did - I think it's maybe just an achievement window bug? The first line - "Complete all of the following" is checked. So is "searching for clues" below that. And then "Saving Santug isn't checked.
  6. Hegsheoshed Augur

7. Hegsheoshed Augur

Anyway the 2 slot bag has been destroyed. Good thing it's not repeatable since that would be an easy fix for that problem. If it had been fixed in the first place then no problem and no future problem for others. No illusion item is given just the bag. Oh well. Since I don't have it and won't be recovering it I will see how much of a problem it will be to do the rest.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The stocking/bag is only needed if you want to expand it thru the other quests to the final result.

According to notes, even if you destroy the bag you will obtain it again thru the other 4 mini quests

Just talk to the frostfell helper and then it should expand as the first stocking did as you turn it in after each one.

You may have to wait until the first quest line has ended in a few days

Once again it appears to just be a visual error, the ach still work
  9. zarcal Elder

I too have this issue (or a variant) I must have done it in the past now the gobby will only give me the Grinnuch quest but my achievement/window, etc is marked nothing done
  10. Sasha New Member

Having the same issue as original poster on multiple characters on both accounts.
  11. Sasha New Member

Still waiting for bug update on this issue.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

As I mentioned above it appears to just be a visual issue so I would not expect a fix anytime soon. This has been like this for about 3-4 years.

Have you tried to get the rest of the quests in this line and were not given them? They are now active.
  13. Petalonyx Augur

I just did Frostfell - Searching for Clues on 4 x 120 characters on Bristlebane, using Everfrost. No credit for Searching for Clues upon completion. Got Saving Santug done and no issues with that one (achievement box is checked). Missing achievement checkmarks for the Searching for Clues one. Also, screenshots above show a box for "Complete all of the Following" which is missing entirely from the achievement box for my 4 characters.
    bootman likes this.
  14. Thorninside New Member

This is bugged. Never done before, I hailed Frostfell goblin in PoK with one toon, and with another toon hailed Frostfell goblin in CR. Then went to Everfrost Peaks, with each and collected the FIVE items and about 25-50 gifts. Went out to the hidding Frostfell goblin and hailed, gave gifts until sled.(more than 3-5 gifts that is for sure) Hit up named dude, gave sled. One toon got nothing, and one got stockings that were not yet a two slot bag. Turned in stockings to Frostfell goblin in PoK (could not do Halas as they do not like my Dark Elf there :). Goblin took my stockings and gave nothing in return. In Achievements, on each toon, no credit for anything on one, and the other a check for first contact with Frostfell goblin (got quest), and credit for talking to named one ... no other credits.(should have credit for many things in between !!!!
  15. Gialana Augur

Try clicking a different category, e.g. Hero's Journey, then go back to the Anniversary section to see if you've gotten the checkmark.
    Loup Garou likes this.
  16. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Agree ^ or link it out or uncheck/recheck boxes or just try and continue. Its definitely visual on mine as it changes each year and during the frostfell season
  17. Soulbanshee Augur

This is more than that, achievements are scripts that check for certain flags (int values) in character data fields. If the script isn't pointing to the right field or isn't coded with the right value check (or some changes later change the range of the value), this happens.
  18. Toukan Augur

I did the quest years ago. Still have the grimp scale reward in bank. Don't have the check mark, can't get the quest.
  19. bootman New Member

I just did them yesterday on BB ,Dec 5th and same doesnt have "the complete" listed and no check for clues