Frostfell: Santug Claugg

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lighteningrod, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Lighteningrod Augur

I've completed all the quests over the years. I have the full 100% WR stocking. The quests are not repeatable. The only search result from Allaz for "Santug's Gift" is the quest drop for Searching for Clues.

How does one complete the last task to finish this Achievement?

[IMG]
  2. fortuneteller Augur

Guess this the task task this year, where pops in any city and you can hail him and prob get something from him.
    Prob a task, where you have to give gifts to a number of npc or soemthing like it.

See when you can do it, day b4, at or after
  3. Lighteningrod Augur

I'm just concerned it's a quest I don't know about, which will be unobtainable once he shows up in PoK, and therefore unable to be completed until next year.
  4. Melanippe Augur

From the News and Annoucements: It's beginning to look a lot like Frostfell.

Santug Claugg will only be giving out gifts from Saturday, December 24 through Monday, December 26, 2014. Don’t miss him this year!

It's entirely possible that this is what is meant by "Frostfell (25Dec) and the day before (24Dec) and after (26Dec) ". :)
  5. Lighteningrod Augur

That's a solid explanation. I hope you're right! I'd hate to have this loose end nagging at me for a year :)
  6. Melanippe Augur

Oh and o_O be sure you use the actual dates, 24December through 26December since, as posted, the days of the week are incorrect.

"Santug Claugg will only be giving out gifts from Saturday, December 24 through Monday, December 26, 2014. Don’t miss him this year!"

THIS year December 24th is on Wednesday and December 26th is on Friday.

Poor Roshen has not received his 2014 calendar yet. :D
  7. Roshen Brand Manager

::looks at year on calender, and quickly fixes dates::

Yes! Wednesday, December 24 through Friday, December 26, 2014. I've fixed the date in the article here: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...eginning-to-look-a-lot-like-frostfell.215596/

Santug will give out gifts during this time frame. It's a simple 1 step quest to open it.
  8. Edrick Augur

Will you be dressing up as Santug? You will have to grow out your beard before the 24th, but I believe in you!
  9. Roshen Brand Manager

... but Santug doesn't have a beard. I can pull off the ogre thing. Not sure about the red armor though.

[IMG]
    Saave likes this.
  10. Shang Augur

I'd bet if you have an Ogre alter ego ready by next Fan Faire you'll be promoted.
    Lisandra likes this.
  11. Waysaya New Member

is in Everfrost peaks right now attempting to do the quest saving Santug but the Grinnich is not there though it says i got him and the hidden goblin isnt there either and i am suppose to talk to the goblin
    how am i to finish the quest?
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

Is this task active yet ? Tried to get something very early on Wednesday and didn't get any new tasks.
  13. Lighteningrod Augur

Yes, I did it this morning. Working as intended (for reals).
  14. Rapidfire New Member

Perhaps it is time for Santug's Stocking to hold more than 10 items?
    Evercluck and Borek-VS like this.
  15. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

What is the new reward (Santug Gift)?
  16. Lighteningrod Augur

Nuthin. Just 5x of the temporary filler rewards; Grimp illusion, selos clicky, etc.

The biggest reward is 10 Achievement points and not having to look at an unchecked box for another year.
  17. Zaph Augur

Ive just realised, this current Santug is a imposter, the real Santug Claugg is left handed !
    [IMG]
    Evercluck likes this.
  18. Fendy Augur

And wears a custom helmet.
    Lisandra likes this.