Frogloks riding horses. Does it get better?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Mittensworth, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Mittensworth New Member

Hi folks. I saved up and was able to purchase a mount for my Froglok wizard. While I love the added mana regen ticks I get, I didn't realize how goofy I'd look, foot flippers dangling in the breeze.

I love Frogloks and the lore and animations, but it leads me to ask one thing. When it comes to mounts, does it ever get better? Are there any mounts Frogloks don't look as goofy on?
  2. Kodjak Lorekeeper

Pegasus might hide the feet, but honestly I'm pretty sure its near impossible to not look kinda goofy as a froglock riding anything. While I have one myself and my 2 yr old laughs at the animations, they are a silly race that makes me smile while I play. I dont think theyre capable of striking fear into the hearts of evil doers. /cheer

Edit add: essentially what you want in a mount is speed and a smooth ride. There are the stat mounts out there as well. just be thankful you no longer have to look at the back of that horse's head.
    Mittensworth likes this.
  3. Fendy Augur

Imagine how the poor horse feels.
    Mittensworth and Kodjak like this.
  4. Mittensworth New Member

That was a thing?! I don't even know how to respond to that.
  5. Kodjak Lorekeeper

oh indeed it was...shortly after the horse they came out with the drogmar whose head stooped down and out of the way.. but yeah, the horses head was always in your line of sight in 1st person view. Also there was a lot of trouble with clicking around it. was a terrible time....this was around 04/05 i think maybe sooner...that was when I finally got my first horse. I'm not sure when they fixed it though
  6. Borek-VS Augur

Mounts took a lot longer to start up and stop back then, too.
  7. Stickietoes Augur

I got a few screenshots of myself on various mounts...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I personally love frogs on mounts :)
    Mittensworth likes this.
  8. Kodjak Lorekeeper

Just as I thought, helicopter pack is the best one there :)
    Mittensworth likes this.
  9. Dibab Augur

flying carpet probably wouldnt look bad
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Drogmor for guktan doesn't look too bad. Lizard on lizard action!
  11. Halfwise New Member

Drogmor was the "new" mount that released with frogloks back in Legacy of Ykesha.
    I also think Dragonfly suits them perfectly, non-flying aside.

*Sigh*... now that I think about it... Froglok + Dragonfly Warder would make a perfect Beastlord combo... They already have the shaman and monk base classes.
  12. Mittensworth New Member

This gives me hope.