Friends and Family Package

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by derek3131, Mar 31, 2020.

1. derek3131 New Member

How many copies of ToV do you get with the $250 friends and family expansion? And why is this information so hard to find?

TRADABLE Torment of Velious Standard Expansion Ticket ** Does this mean "One".. so you get 2 copies of the game total?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Start at the beginning with the "Standard Edition" - that is all you get - the TOV expansion.

As you go up in price the goodies increase but the base expansion is still included.

You would not give yourself the "tradeable" version hence the reason its tradeable - so you can give it to someone else or sell it. It can be traded until someone claims it.

Some info here with a nice little break down on pricing but its on beta, might be more elsewhere you would have to search
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ment-of-velious-beta-discussion.259912/page-9
  3. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Yes, you get 2 copies of the game total. One is tradeable, but has no goodies. The other is on the account that you purchased it on, and has lots of claimable goodies. SOME of the goodies are also tradeable until they're claimed.
  4. Thin New Member

For the price I would have expected 2 copies with all those goodies, not just a free tradeable one with a few other tradeable bits thrown in, pretty lame tbh.
    dreadlord likes this.
  5. KermittheFroglok Augur

Look closer, it’s actually one of the best bundle deals they offer. It’s actually cheaper in the long run if you’re on a server with a decent economy and can get 2-3 Krono per a tradable.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...of-the-guilded-gnomework.267671/#post-3931009

Just a few of the items alone illustrate how it’s a great deal.
    Extra Heroic Boost $35
    Extra expansion $35
    Gnomish Heritage Rares (Easily worth the FnF vs Premium difference compared to heritage crate cost to attain $100+
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I agree based on the items listed it is worth it over buying all separately. Personally though I would like to see a package deal that didn't involve me buying things I don't need. I think that is where some folks are coming from. Not all but some.

Its a difficult balancing act for Daybreak.

Its smart to include sellable items with an existing account upgrade because if the person tries to scam daybreak they lose their own account upgrade and that dollar investment.

In a perfect world I would love to see a family and friend option let you pick and choose modules to include with it at a discounted price.

By the top expansion option and you can select a friends and family basic expansion or two at a discount. Special armor or mounts also picked separately and at a discount. This would be more of an al la carte method of giving a Friends and Family discount.

Daybreak would then make their money by selling one premium edition and loses a bit on selling moduels or add ons at a discount up to a certain limit; but they would sell more premiums overall.

The problem is that it might not be as lucrative as Daybreaks current model. It would depend on selling more premium editions overall which MAY be possible if they find the right balance. They would lose money on me because I will most likely always buy one premium then rest regular editions unless they made it cheaper overall and I can't see that being a financial win for them.