Frequent zone-crashing :: Plane of Knowledge/Lag Pile to blame?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Havanap, Jul 28, 2016.

1. gotwar Gotcharms

I don't think ornaments are causing more frequent crashes.

Turn off texture caching, mip mapping, and dynamic lighting. turn on texture compression (via the external settings program).

Set memory mode to balanced, terrain quality to minimum

Turn off Stream Item textures and radial flora. Make sure all pixel shaders are checked.

Turn on level of detail

You will probably still crash when running the EQ client for long periods of time because there is a memory leak, but those settings should help. I still crash when my client has been open for ~3-5 days, sometimes less.

If you're running windows 10... double check to make sure Microsoft's dumb priority driver override didn't screw up your installed drivers.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I started seeing the crashes more often, also, in the last several months. Ironically, if I leave this setting at minimum, I don't crash any more.

Tat
  3. KaiserSozay New Member

Just a heads up but it's definitely a memory leak. Ran into this problem suddenly when I tried to zone into PoK. Fixed it by having the launcher run a check on the game files. It found no less than 6 files that were way larger than they should be. End of the check it deleted the files and then downloaded them again. Worked like a charm!