Free Language Learning Games During Long Queues Or Maintenance

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by SmoochyOfWolfington, Jun 1, 2020.

1. SmoochyOfWolfington Augur

Search for Influent on the Steam store

I meant to post this before, but it fell to the way side. Since all the servers go down from time to time and for some people long queues to get into some of the servers I decided to post this. Due to the epidemic this dev on Steam is giving away three of his games. Really it's just one game, set to different languages, but normally sold separately. Although you can not pick and choose which languages to obtain on the free bundle, as there is only French, Italian and Korean in it, it still is something for free and these are full games, not demos.

However, it may still feel like a demo because he only has around 500 words or so per game. You certainly will NOT be able to learn a language just from this. But it can get you started and on your way which is always important. It has a Shenmue like vibe to it as you travel your apartment, albeit a very small one in first person, in search of things to pick up and interact with. You can also open drawers, cabinets and even the refrigerator to see what is laying around. There are at least a couple of modes to it, one has you flying a toy plane for example.

Sadly Japanese is not part of the free package, but the DLCs for each language which is not in the bundle is not that much. I'd wait for a sale personally, as again these are not full fledge language programs, just something to get you on your feet. I could see some of you learning a new language as you wait for the servers to get up again or waiting in line for three hours to play EQ. Enjoy! ^^!

Edit: I'd post a link, but sometimes I do not do it right, so it is just easier to search Steam for it. Steam is free by the way and has other free games if you are interested in it, plus great discounts on many others. It even has Everquest on it and that is how I got back here to begin with after all these years! ^^!