Frayed Knot of the The Rathe is Recruiting!

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Scyt Hadeswalker, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Scyt Hadeswalker New Member

Frayed Knot is a progressive Raiding Guild on The Rathe. We raid 5 nights a week Monday -Thursday from 8:30 to ~11:30 PM EST. We also raid alternating Saturday and Sunday each week for the fifth night at the same times. This translates to 7:30 - 10:30 CST, 6:30-9:30 MST, and 5:30-8:30 PST. Fridays are always free nights, along with most Holidays. Frayed Knot awards loot via an open bid DKP system which is earned through raid attendance.

We pride ourselves on our relationships and our dedication to raiding together, and welcome same-minded people to join us. However, DO NOT abuse their helpfulness, or you will have to contend with me /RAWR!

The following represents our current recruitment goals. First off we expect recruits to raid. Raiding is our major focus as a guild. You will be required to meet 40% raid attendance (~2 nights a week) to progress toward membership within the first month. You will be required to keep the minimum during the first week to continue your recruitment with Frayed Knot. The first week is critical in establishing your genuine interest in raiding and becoming acquainted with the guild. If at any point after that first week, but prior to becoming a full member, your raid attendance falls below 25% you can expect to be removed due to inactivity unless a RO overrides the requirement. Conversely, exceeding minimum expectations will increase your Probabationary Member bonus after you pass your vote.

As a recruit, when you are voted into the guild as a probationary member you will received a DKP bonus based on your attendance.
    a. For passing the vote, you get a bonus of 100 DKP.
    b. If your attendance exceeds 60%, you will receive an additional 100 DKP, or 200 DKP total.
    c. If your attendance exceeds 80%, you will receive an additional 100 DKP (to the 60% attendance level) or 300 DKP total.

We are looking for evidence of a developed character and a great player personality to match. Those who do not meet these minimum requirements can still apply, but should speak with Scyt or Scot, or when neither are available, any officer for consideration. If you are accepted with less than the minimum requirements, we will expect for you to gain at least a level per week, and to be able to begin regular raiding with us before you will be abe to officially begin the recruitment process and progress toward full membership.

While we love to make new friends and to build our guilds thriving and friendly atmosphere, we also want to ensure that we are able to provide a fun and rewarding experience for our members by keeping our waiting lists relatively short so that everyone can participate regularly. Consequently, for those classes that we do not have a specific recruitment goal, you will need to be referred to us through our current membership for consideration or demonstate that you are a strong and capable player. We may ask you to guest raid with us a couple times to ensure that you and Frayed Knot will be a strong match for each other.

Additional Notes -
    We expect for:
    Clerics, Druids and Shaman: Play as healers first and foremost. Debuffs really don't matter on trash mobs that last for 15 seconds. You need to be able to solo heal your group and help with the MT/Off Tanks.

Warriors, Shadow Knights and Paladins - The only reason to have a tank on a raid is to take the beating so others do not. This involves 2 parts. Disc to survive first, and then snap agro on the mob...... you must do both. You are a detriment to the raid if you can't obtain the mobs attention and survive the encounter.

DPS - You absolutely need to outdps tanks. Learn how to synergize with your group and know what your class websites look like and the resources found there. Contribute to being the best and show us how good you are behind your character. We do parse, so don't slack. We expect for you to be able to exceed 6k DPS without any support in a sustained environment.
  2. wilson33 New Member

hi my toon name is stealinyour i would love to app Frayed knot i am a lvl 100 rogue with almost 7k AA i am raid gear from a mix of RoF t1 to cotf ( only 3 pieces left that are roF T1 lol )...i love raiding and look forward to killing with you guys