Found station cash cards at GameStop, but...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Risiko Augur

For the heck of it today, I went in to one of my local GameStop locations to see if by chance they had any Station Cash Cards.

To my surprise, they did. They actually had 7 of the Limited Edition cards as well as about 10 of the normal blue colored Landmark cards for sale.

I was like great! I'll take two of the limited edition cards.

They guy tried to ring them up, and they didn't work. He tried the Landmark cards, and they didn't work as well.

Apparently, the cards in the stores can not be activated anymore. He took the stack of cards, and put them behind the counter to be sent back/destroyed/whatever.
    Motherlee likes this.
  2. Shiea Augur

I would venture to guess that the station cash cards won't work anymore because they were a Sony thing. Now that daybreak owns EQ, everything has changed. The in game store doesn't even have the same name any longer.
  3. Jahim New Member

I still get my month sub cards at Target with my 5% off REDCard discount. They are the old SOE cards. So it's probably something GameStop did specifically. The old cards still activate and are used the same because it's all done by some outside company I forget the name of which.
  4. Motherlee Augur

Geez, I hope these ones I have in the drawer still work. They wouldn't stop honoring them without warning, would they?

Let us know if Gamestop figures this out. I get mine from there too.
  5. Mayfaire Augur

I wonder if it wouldn't be safer to just redeem them and let the DBC sit there in the store?
    Motherlee likes this.
  6. Motherlee Augur

Right. I doubt we'll ever see a double SC day again. OTOH, what if they're just waiting for me to cash them in?!!!
    Mayfaire likes this.
  7. Mayfaire Augur

LOL. Probably. The day after you cash them all in, flash sale!!! TRIPLE DBC!!! :eek:
    Motherlee likes this.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Daybreak peeps have made comments a few times that the old cards will continue to work and be accepted.
    Motherlee likes this.
  9. TibalMurphy Elder

When are they gonna come out with their own cards? The content that they are pushing is for TLP so they can take day or two to set the cards and distribute them.
  10. Laronk Augur

Coming out with your own cards takes time because they have to come to a deal with fastcards or what ever company they decide to use then the stores have to decide to order them etc etc but since DBG doesn't sell boxed copies of their games and they're not big like RIOT its not high on the list for gamestop to order so even if they can order them you might have to go into a store and ask them to order the cards.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  11. Laronk Augur

Oh btw gamestop in Canada (at least in Calgary @ 130th) still sells gamecards
  12. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

It's too bad they don't partner with other companies because GameStop sucks and the only time I ever shop there is when they have promos around Black Friday and the holidays. Movie Trading Company/Vintage Stock is so much better and so are some smaller places like Game Over Videogames http://www.gameovervideogames.com/index.html

https://www.facebook.com/theGametrade is another good one if you are in the Dallas area.

I'm sure each big city/metropolitan area has their own local shops as well and obviously Daybreak isn't going to partner with them but something with a franchise like Movie Trading Company/Vintage Stock would be cool.
  13. Motherlee Augur

Ah but E-rewards pays me enough for doing surveys about Xarelto, that I can get 2 GameStop cards a year!
  14. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Sounds like a bunch of spam designed to invade your privacy and track you.
  15. Motherlee Augur

They pay me for my information. Fair deal! If I don't buy Gamestop Cards with my e-rewards currency though, I'm not sure what I would buy. Not really into eating out or buying airline miles.
    Tronk, Gyurika Godofwar and Iila like this.
  16. Tronk Augur

Gamestop stopped activating the cards when DBG happened. The other stores still activate the cards, Bestbuy did 3 cards for us about a month ago. No issues using them.