Found old Account - Help finding lost characters

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Rottingham, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Rottingham New Member

Hello!

I've recently returned to everyquest and have two active paid accounts. Tonight I was able to recover my old original account (under this name) my reactivating my original email address that I used over a decade ago. With that I could recover my username, password, etc.

Now - I'm hoping to find out three things. 1) Can I discover if any of my old characters still live and if so, what servers are they on? 2) I heard that the old account will have veterans rewards - if this is so should I be using the old account over my new accounts? 3) If 2 is true - can I migrate from my new paid account to my old account so I don't have to pay a 3rd time?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, thank you!
  2. High Voltage Augur

1) Need to log into each server and look for any toons available. There is also some <AccountName>_characters.ini file in the everquest dir that lists all toons within that account. Not sure how this is updated, though.
    2) Yes
    3) No
  3. Anhari Augur

1. The <AccountName(s)>_characters.ini has all of the character name + the LAST server that you logged into them from. (it may only be _characters.ini)
      • if you have the same installation that you played EQ on before, then this file will have a complete list for each account that you used. If you reinstalled, moved hardware, etc, then you are out of luck. Have to go old school. Loginto each server, see who is still listed, etc.
      • If you are on Free 2 Play, then given you would probably be grandfatherred in at the silver level you will be able to see all of your characters. The number of characters may be listed as 8 of 4, but because of grandfather status, you should be able to log them all in.
      • If you do NOT see Silver above the character select (or All Access), then you are on basic F2P and will be limited to either 2 or 4 characters. (I forget what drives that). Characters above this limit are still there, they are just hidden from view. They are listed in Alpha order. Please by all means do NOT delete characters shown in order to see the missing ones. Just pay the subscribtion price for at least one month!
      • As All Access, you do have access to all of your characters
      • Another note on deleted characters. I you accidently deleted a character you really want back, or are the victim of a very vindictive ex-spouse/girlfriend (beware of Girlfriend 2.0 version especially), then per Daybreak Policy you are out of luck. They will no longer assist in the recovery of deleted characters, PERIOD. Don't bother petitioning in this case, it is stated policy.
    2. Veteran Rewards are granted on an account/server basis. i.e. for each account you own, for each year of "active" subscription you gain a veteran reward usable by ONE character. In other words, if you had a subscription for 13 years I believe this is now the max level of VR's) then you can claim a veterans reward on 13 characters, and get all 13 of the rewards. If you had subscribed for less than the 13+ years, then the number of characters will be up to the number of subscribed years. In game if you type /played it will tell you the length of time on the account and you should be able to figure out what you are entitled to. Note that the VR's are a set number, not 13 per server, it is 13 per account. Also note that if you choose to put the VR on a character then delete that character (or stop playing) then the VR is gone/stuck. They are not refundable.
    2.b. As to moving account b to account A and getting the Veteran Reward on A, then go for it. Pay for the transfer token in the marketplace, wait for CS to move your character, go find a guild (if not already tagged), type /veteran on your newely moved toon, and go to town setting up your hot keys. (Note that the Veteran Rewards are listed on the Specials Tab of the Alternate Advancement Window (V)

Hope this helps.
  4. Gialana Augur

As for "3," you can transfer your characters from the new account to the old, but that costs money and may not be available on all servers. You can't transfer the paid time from your new account to the old, so you'd have to cancel the subscription on the new account and pay for a subscription on the old.