Forum Lag

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nennius, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

Is anyone else having issues with huge lag/delays in loading pages on this forum? I am not having nearly the same issues on other websites from several parts of the world. A few minutes ago I clicked on a page here and waited, and waited, and waited. usually I wait 5-10 seconds and click refresh. This time the page never loaded even after 5 minutes wait. Clicked refresh and it loaded slowly.

Has been much worse the last few days and my skill in patience is nearly maxed. :)

I should add that I am in the San Diego area and have a very reliable cable connection.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, its terrible. For me, over a month ago it started getting painful. If I click the X and reload about 4-5 times it will finally pop the post I want to view. Now I know Firefox has updated twice since this started happening so I went to Opera.

Opera is working much much better with the forums than Firefox. Can't say for Edge or Chrome since those are not something I even get close to cause they are so toxic.

But then sometimes it runs just fine. No rhyme or reason it seems
    Svann2 likes this.
  3. Redrum_Redrum Augur

I haven't noticed much lag/delay on loading pages with the pc. I have however noticed terrible load times for my mobile phone. It used to be instant now it takes several attempts/close outs of the web site to get in.
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

Usually early in the morning like 8ish. Maybe they do backups?
  5. Febb Augur

It's tied to how much traffic the site is getting so you'll see a slow down during the peak times in the US. Their new cluster probably doesn't scale like their last.
  6. Hekaton Augur

yeah it's been hot garbage since the Darkpaw games rename. I used to think it might have been something with my browser but it hiccups on my mobile phone too (when i'm not on home WiFi)

Plz bring back Sklug to fix the forums and patches and stuff
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea at times it pretty bad.

Andarriel
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea on cable but feels like im on dial up but come to think of it even dial up seems faster. forums been real laggy for me as of late.

Andarriel
  9. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

It has occasionally been laggy for months.
  10. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

YES!
  11. Chauliodus New Member

Lag seems quite bad right now lol, thankfully this thread is here to point that out.
  12. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The lag is bad enough that it is keeping me from the forums. My receding hair line is growing back and I'm less grey haired as a result. Thank you for this! (even if it is a joke and untrue).

I think you guys have some sort of runaway script gone awry. Even my Pie Hole seems not immune from blocking it's effects.
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

This is still bad. I sometimes get lag on a few other gaming forums but EQ is by FAR the worst.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

No issues here (Central US, DSL, PC)