Forced windowed mode

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by birdsong_pawn, Feb 8, 2023.

1. birdsong_pawn Augur

I haven't played EQ for a few years, but I was thinking about logging in to say "hey." I don't want to start the game in windowed mode and mess up my UI setup.

Do we still have to remember to hit ALT-ENTER at the server or character select screen to open the game in full-screen mode? Is there a better workaround for this?
    Yinla and Aenvar like this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There is no workaround for this as it was a change to deal with a crash bug that was happening and with the focus on upgrading to direct x 11 later this year I am not sure how much work they will put into fixing the bug. You can always create a backup of the UI either by manually renaming the file or creating a level 1 toon to make a copy of it. This way if you do mess up and your UI is broken you can just reload the backed up version and get it fixed.

It is possible that the forced window mode is something that can be revisited after the direct x upgrade later this year.
    birdsong_pawn and Svann2 like this.
  3. Dre. Altoholic

Y'know what'd be great... borderless windowed mode!
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Hopefully that is something that can be addressed with the direct x upgrade as well.
  5. birdsong_pawn Augur

Thanks for the input, all. I was hoping there was a way to use borderless windowed mode.

I understand that (currently) the default needs to be windowed mode for new installs. However, it would be great if we could toggle the default to full screen. Heck, add a little pop-up window that says "If this causes your game to crash, change it back!"
    Svann2 likes this.