Forced Raid Rotation - With Double the Spawns

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lron Server Legend, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Kahna Augur

Agreed, you didn't play on Fippy.

If you are talking about trains, think again. I pulled for groups in Solb a few times. That zone was stripped bare of mobs. Stripped. Bare. Even if you did managed to scrape up a mob or two the exp groups would snag them off of you before you got anywhere with them.

Hate and fear weren't any different. Stripped of mobs pretty much 24/7. Good luck with that.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  2. Iila Augur

Name the server after Will Smith.

Jezzie and Irbax_Smoo like this.
  3. Crayon123 Augur

Lron never did play on Fippy, he was too busy on EQ Mac at that time. His methods won't even be viable here, there is nothing to train.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  4. Ckador Augur

I SEE YOUR WILL SMITH AND RAISE YOU A KOOL MOE DEE.

A TIP OF MY FEDORA 2 U, M'LADY.
  5. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

Lron, if enforcement worked, we would not have suggested instancing. Instancing was the last resort / hope because it would require no GM involvement. On Fippy / Vulak the SOE CSR staff inconsistently enforced the rules and there were far more of them than there are now after DBG has cut that department.

Your plan is unworkable. Your player enforced plan is also unworkable, you may be a Legend in your own mind, but I am confident you would have paled into insignificance compared to some of the people that played on the last set of TLP servers.
    Tinytinker likes this.
  6. Lron Server Legend Augur

If my plan is unworkable, Do you have an alternate plan?
  7. Kahna Augur

It doesn't really matter if we have a plan, Daybreak doesn't think it is a problem.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  8. Darth Augur

They know it's a problem. They just want us to shut up about it and give them 15 bucks a months and deal with it ourselves.
    Argosh and Mezrah like this.
  9. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

The ONLY workable plan when there are no / little CSR's, is one that requires no involvement from any CSR staff, therefore instancing is the only plan that could work. This is what we have been saying for weeks, but you ignored that and decided that those of us that were supportive of the idea were just after free loot, even though a significant number of us were in the hardcore raiding guilds on Fippy / Vulak and so directly experienced these issues.

Now that instancing has been ruled out, a lot of us have (reluctantly) resigned ourselves to the fact that TLP 3.0 will just be Fippy 2.0 with less GM's.
  10. Tinytinker Augur

Lron, do you really think think this server will be like your other hangout? There won't be any GM enforced rotation. You won't have Sirken come in and save the day, because someone trained, leapfrogged, or stalled. Going off the trash talking I've witnessed, there'll be a guild constantly killing Trak; lots of socking; and making other peoples' raids fail on purpose. I declined joining a competitive guild, because I don't want to be associated with their do whatever it takes to run everyone else off mentality.

It is also hard to take your "well, I just want everyone to have fun" proclamations seriously when you snidely call people "instance bros," advocate training people, and talk down to everyone. In my opinion, this makes you part of the problem. Try showing a little respect if you want people to give your ideas respect.
    Soltara likes this.
  11. Lron Server Legend Augur

I will save the server if I have to
  12. Tinytinker Augur

Well, Lron, I hope you have the money to take up boxing if you decide to "save the server." Very few people will want to group with you or guild tag you if you repeat how you acted on EQ Mac. A friend of mine kept a list of untaggable players in the officers' section of her guild on EQ Mac and guess whose name was on it?

I haven't seen you say, "Let's ban boxing!" so I assume boxing is your back up plan when the group invites dry up.
  13. Lron Server Legend Augur

She was probably part of the hackers I drove off the server, I was beloved by everyone else.

I would be for banning boxing but it doesnt make sense to do that from a business perspective at all so I dont even propose it.
  14. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

I am never sure if "Lron Server Legend" is merely a persona you adopt when you log into the forums, or if these really are your genuine thought processes. I would hope the former and not the latter...
  15. Argosh Augur

There are other options than just instancing that could help fix the problem. Instancing is by far the best solution, but Triggering (the next best thing to instancing in my opinion) or changing spawn times to be extremely random could also be helpful.
  16. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

1. Random spawn times would not work, the raiding guilds would just ensure to have a "tracker" in the zone that is alerted whenever it spawns, they would just mobilise for the target.
    2. Triggering may work, but would require rules to be enforced about engaging triggered mobs. If there are no GM's to enforce them, then the triggered spawn is just FFA and so becomes a bonus kill for the raiding guilds. The raiding guilds would again have a "tracker" in the zone to report if anyone was gathering for a triggered spawn. If the GM's do enforce it, they need to be consistent and not provide any wiggle room. If the spawn is owned by the raid that triggers it, but becomes FFA on a wipe, expect lots of trains to arrive when the raid is engaging the triggered spawn...So unless the GM's are at EVERY triggered spawn, there will be mayhem consisting of trains and kill stealing.
  17. Argosh Augur

Exactly. It would fix the poop-socking and require a mobilization contest. Way better than socking which exists because the next target is known.

Like I said, triggering isn't as good as instancing but still you'd have a much better chance of getting the target. If you gather a raid force and are waiting to trigger a target but another guild is there to contest what you're triggering, just don't do it. Wait for a time when your guild can be there in force without contest. If another guild rushes in once you have triggered and engaged and takes the kill.. that sucks.. but you would still have the advantage of that not happening if they aren't there when you do trigger it.
  18. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

As was proven consistently on Fippy, you cannot out mobilise a guild if they are prepared to use 3rd party software to warp across zones.

The only time that would happen would be if the raiding guilds are engaged on a raid target. If they are merely socking a raid target, they would mobilise the moment they heard you were gathered to trigger the spawn.
  19. Argosh Augur

This is a cause for concern obviously and all we can do is hope that DBG will take the matter of cheating seriously with serious punishment for those who are caught doing it.

Again, you would still have the advantage of being there 1st before triggering and the decision to trigger or not at that time would be in your power.
  20. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

I will believe it when I see it, they said similar things on the last TLP and failed to deliver.

In the classic and Kunark era when mobs have so few HP's that should work, but I suspect that even there a train would arrive out of nowhere when you engaged. I was once FD on Noble Island in sky waiting for the noble to spawn when my guild was elsewhere, suddenly 2 of the Bees from Bee island arrived and buzzed around the place before departing, someone in the zone had used the 3rd party software to remote pull them down to that spot. As I was fd, nothing happened, with a non FD class that would have been a wipe.

My views on all these suggestions / ideas are : If the mechanism can be abused, it will be abused.