Force Mechanic

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Astehroth, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Astehroth Elder

I get the idea of MMO's, everything is obtained via osmosis and I am fine with that. But camping a named in Xorbb and it doesnt spawn after killing at least 40 phers is messed up. Some sort of named check should be put in place which might have a rule like 15 pher spawns equates to 100% chance to spawn a named next. Given I am also after a xorbbs caged hatred which has a 5% chance to drop makes the numbers ridiculous.
  2. Edrick Augur

Drop grubs on the ground to get the named to spawn. Worked like a charm in Temple of Cazic-Thule and Lower Guk.
  3. Khoza Augur

And make sure you loot everything off the PHers corpses so they'll respawn faster.
  4. Axxius Augur

You are either exaggerating, or wrong about which mobs are ph's, or having a horrible luck with RNG. All named in Xorbb have exactly 3 ph's which have a distinctive name. I've farmed a number of Caged Hatred's and killed great many named over several months in that zone, but I've never seen a named not spawn there after 10+ clearings of its 3 ph's.

Are you, by any chance, killing the whirlwinds in the forest looking for the named? The 3 ph's are the ones with a slightly different name that respawn on the regular timer (14 min-ish). The fast respawning ones are not the ph's.
  5. Xirtket Augur

Sounds like Nefori in BG, I can't get that thing to spawn for the life of me, I've went and looted the aug after someone else killed it, but camping the namer myself to finish up hunter for BG has proven fruitless.
  6. Astehroth Elder

Im trying to kill The Visionary. I have killed him in the past many times so I do know the placeholders.
    I think it is more likely that the named is bugged than such bad luck with RNG.
  7. Axxius Augur

Are all 3 of his ph's up? Xorbb is famous for its geometry and pathing bugs. Maybe the named is up but fallen through the world or pathed into a wall? I've found Corpsehide in craziest places after he'd been aggroed by the people who run by his spawn all the time. One of the Visionary's ph's is in the corridor where people passing by can aggro him easily too.
  8. Makavien Augur

Doing hunters through rof I have noticed something. If a named drops a weapon or an aug they usually take twice as long to spawn then ones that don't. Almost every named minus the whirlwind in xorbb seemed to take as long as weapon/aug droppers take in other zones to spawn.
  9. Astehroth Elder

I have been killing all 3 placeholders and before the last few days The Visionary was spawning as regularly as you might expect.