Not A Bug Forage AA not Working

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Chorn, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Chorn New Member

Category: Other
    Date/Time: Mon Aug 01 21:57:51 2022

Character: Level 118 Shaman (Main)
    Zone: Guild Lobby

Description: I have purchased 7 levels of the Forage AA. I have created a hotkey for this AA and I have also bound forage to my right arrow key. Regardless of whether I use the hotkey or the right arrow key, I always get the message "You fail to locate any food nearby". I never get an improve or a foraged item. Also, when I look at the skill listings in the skill window, forage is not a listed skill. I would like to be able to forage.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

This might be one where the AA unlocks the skill cap, but you have to go to your hometown skillmaster to buy the first point before you can start skilling. Or else its a case where you only skill up off successful forages, which that message is a normal failed forage message you can get, and is very common at low skill levels. Forage isnt 100%, you can fail to forage anything at all.
  3. Chorn New Member

4. Chorn New Member

Never mind. A guildmate suggested that I go the Shaman Guildmaster in POK and purchase one skill point in forage from him. I did that, and received 50 skill points in forage, a new forage hotkey and the skill now shows in my skill list window. Two right clicks later I got a skill improve so it now seems to be working.
  5. Chorn New Member

Thank you, Soulbanshee. I saw your reply only after a guildmate suggested I do the same thing and that was the fix I needed.
    Stymie likes this.