For those that care

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sarcogian, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Sarcogian Augur

Been retired from my monk main since TBM, played a shaman alternative main in EoK. What's the monk looking like and the general state of a hardcored casual (if that's possible) looking like? Former dedicated raider with the inability to raid hardcore anymore.
  2. Brohg Augur

Best to ask this question in a month maybe? Monks getting some sauce in RoS
    Sarcogian likes this.
  3. feeltheburn Augur

if it pans out bro....monks could be in a good place first time in a bit.
    Sarcogian likes this.
  4. Picard Journeyman

Well Sarcogian I'm sure you will be shocked to know that Splos just soloed all of the mercenary tasks as a level 106 monk with just his merc healer. For kicks he also did the tradeskill earring tasks up to the 6th one that requires access to Veeshans. So much for all the wailing over how impossible the new expansion is.

I retired a few months back because the AB server is, well, like I said I retired, so I don't have a clue what is in store for monks overall but my guess is they can still bring it. I saw your post and thought I would say hello since I was interested in reading all about how the expansion is going. Wish I was playing but life has better things than laggy EQ.

It would be great if you came back because I'd much rather read about what you and Drop and some other helpful monks are pulling off since I'm not around anymore. Thrillo, and certainly others, seem to represent the community well from what I've been reading and Splos tells me Thunderkiks kicks with thunder or one of those witty things he says. Of course, it looks to me like we all still should be bowing down to The One who knows all but I digress. Send me a PM some time and we can relive some memories.
    Sarcogian likes this.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

I'm not hearing any real complaints from monks. I know they were in a decent place in EoK, I assume about the same for RoS.
    After the new year we'll be picking up on casual raids again if that interests you.
    Sarcogian likes this.
  6. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I think Monks are in better shape then when you switched, Shamans still own!!
    Sarcogian likes this.
  7. Sarcogian Augur

Thanks for the info. Hi Sokki, shaman's are great, you're just awful :p
  8. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

It's a tough job but someone has to do it!! Come back to Povar, V and Z left me :(
  9. feeltheburn Augur

what am I wood?
  10. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

monks have been, are, and always shall be the awesome class of choice!! hehe ;)
    that said, we're a bit more awesome then we've been in recent years as of the new expansion ;)
  11. Thrillho Augur

That wood explain a few things... :D
    feeltheburn likes this.
  12. Jetslam Augur

Come play with me on Cazic in SR if you want to play with the best sham again buddy.

;tell cazic.jetsam

Had to change my name due to a meanie in ROTE. (I'll find you one day.)
  13. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Haha, I guess I still have you to kill on raids :p
    feeltheburn likes this.