for those seeking a pvp tlp

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by kenmei, Mar 30, 2021.

1. kenmei Augur

Faction based tlp announced going live on eq2, april 6th beta.
    close to new world beta, and it isnt eq, but heck, small victories.
    should be good regardless. p99red still hasnt followed thru on their promise of a new red server, so..
    this is it, faction based pvp, team pvp. as close to sullon zek as we have come in over 20 years.
  2. back to eq New Member

good news somthing better then nothing.
  3. Gyradore New Member

Should be fun to play during the couple hour overlap on patch day while the EQ servers are still down but EQ2 is up
  4. Protagonist Tank

The 5 people who got together to "protest" for one last time will all be happy to hear it.
    Yonson, Nolrog and Lejaun like this.
  5. Machen New Member

I don't think the people who want an eq pvp tlp consider this a victory of any kind.
  6. Zapsos Augur

Unfortunately it's the best they are gonna get.
    MAYBE if the EQ2 pvp TLP is a massive smash hit that'll lend some credence to it being a viable idea in EQ too.
  7. Nolrog Augur

Hah, I was thinking something similar.
  8. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

I don't think anyone is seeking a pvp tlp.
    Appren likes this.
  9. Arclyte Augur

I think I played EQ2 for a week or two. Started seeing Ogre Paladins and High Elf Shadowknights and almost instantly lost interest.
  10. Corydon Augur

I still can't wrap my head around EQ+PvP at all. Doesn't me sense to me personally with that utter class imbalance. Everbody will roll a druid or wizard and melee will be non-existant other than rogues in high resists gear. But then again, maybe there is something appealing that I just fail to see...
  11. kenmei Augur

I can agree with you to a point in regards to ffa Zek servers, they were horribad with folks literally daily grinding off camping newbie log, etc.
    but I'm a Sullon Zek player, was a different game. PvP teams based on your diety, Good, neutral or evil. You held territory basically and the closer you came to that territory the more intense the war became.
    For example I played a newt, our home base was Rivervale, Kithicor Forest was a warzone from evils invading, but it was easy to avoid them unless you went towards the WC zoneline. EK was a 'peaceful' warzone with the goods as they didnt start much, they were more trying to survive themselves being so far from their qeynos/halas bases. but HighPass and HighKeep were intense as all hell, and some of the most insane pvp i have yet to see re-done in any game, mainly because of the HighPass enviornment itself, so much fun for rogues, snipers, casters and melees to find their own place to have an advantage, but then get run into another set of disadvantages once things went bad or travelling.
    and it was team based, so not alot of soloing (they existed) but it was alot of shouts on where folk were and call to arms kind of stuff. The community was alot like WARHammer or early DAoC. Actually the same folk as when DAoC launched, Sullon Zek ended w/o warning (it had more population than most of the live servers), and that group including myself went to DAoC (or was it SWG? both were the same group of pvpers).
    so this EQ2 faction based pvp server should be fun (exiles allow for ffa), but still waiting to hear if the beta is going to be free. if not, the server is doa. no one is going to pay to play the beta and thus the input needed to make it a good server from testing will rely on the EQ2 TLE lapdogs (no one like EQ2, lol). hoping they make it a free beta so they can honestly see how much interest will come from EQ, p99, DAoC, etc, and not just the lame EQ2 TLE crowd (who I very much want to pvp in the beta, entitled lil biznatches).
  12. Sasser-See Street Performer and Shoe Dodger

There are a lot of players on the progression servers who used to play on one of the 4 PVP servers so there might be some interest. But I personally would not want to experience the game again under that environment. I left the PVP server when the raiding stopped and the server became desolate. Now one of the old raiding guilds has built up and killed a raid mob in the current expansion so its tempting to go back. But I'm not sure the lure is strong enough to overcome the relaxed experience on progression.
  13. Rogean Lorekeeper

No such promise exists.
  14. kenmei Augur

You did, but it seems the thread where folks stated and showed quotes of you or someone representing you were going to launch a new red server after green was launched is missing (was a thread from discord). but then who would have control of that. regardless, over it. disappointed, but expected with all the press about p99 recently.
    Looks like eq2 is what we wait for, there was a recent launch of a sullon zek on p99, but with rogean recent's words not going to pursue it, not liking the double speak.
  15. TLP Addict Augur

People are, just not enough for a viable server.
  16. Yonson Lorekeeper

Problem with any new TLP with a specialized ruleset like PvP is we are already a niche community and MMOPVP is one of the more niche sub genres. Sure lots of us will check it out but is there enough of a demand to give that server the core lifeblood to sustain it, I doubt it. I mean looking at the eq2 forums there isn't enough players to keep the current EQ2 TLP server ticking over.

That being said a deity based pvp system as mentioned above could be cool.

Even just making the PvP flagging not be permanent so those who want to dabble in pvp can without blocking themselves from ever grouping or raiding again.
  17. TheDohn Augur

Was this thread posted for both of those who were seeking a pvp tlp, or just one of them?
    Yonson likes this.