For those heading to Yelinak

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aenoan, May 13, 2022.

1. Leorium The Fluffy Wolf

Go with Ranger. Out of everyone that I've seen play a Ranger, they all have an absolute blast. They love the different options between melee, bow and weaving casts. It also has utility spells that help a lot like, SoW, Invis and tracking.

Check us out <Lost in Progress> if you're interested in looking for a good guild.
    https://discord.gg/V2ysqqUpc8
  2. Aenoan Augur

This a forum mostly to see what everyone else is playing.
    I think I have already settled on what I am going to play long term unless they change the rules on class and race availability
  3. Arclyte Augur

I will be rolling a yuan-ti pureblood bard

College of Lore obv
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Necro or Monk, potentially both depending on how much time I have.

Leaning necro more so I don't feel the need to box a shaman immediately but once truebox restrictions lift I definitely want to run a ~3 group so Monk might be better at that point.

Who am I fooling I'll quit before Velious anyway
  5. Aenoan Augur

I am planning to roll a shaman if you end needing one, lol. I will be a barbarian shaman. May consider going Iksar later.

If boxing does become a thing. I may consider a zerker or ranger. I never was super fond of boxing. I like maining new classes to get a feel for them better.

I was a one trick pony in the OG eq rocked the monk from Qeynos for a long time. Anyway I like duos and I used to play with a friend who only played necros and since I was a monk. I know both pretty well. Haha

I might stick this one out maybe until GoD. Oow felt awful.
  6. Aenoan Augur

You sure you dont want to splsh rogue for backstab?
  7. Arclyte Augur

When do magicians summon useful stuff besides mod rods, lev rings and waterstones?
  8. Rebelicious Augur

Paladin is a cleric who can tank. If he could DPS everyone would cry. He brings great snap aggro, group heal, cures curse, and 90% rez in a pinch.
  9. Aenoan Augur

Check the p99 wiki but I believe in the late 30s to 40s they get levi and mod rods
  10. MMOer Augur

That's about all of it. They get a good damage shield.

At 55 they become extremely wanted in groups for COH. Makes getting reps super easy to keep the group grouping when deep in Sebilis or chardok.
  11. MMOer Augur

For me.. I was thinking Cleric this time around.

Healing stresses me out though and being healer when nobody has gear or agro sucks lol

Maybe enc again, did that 3 or 4 TLPs tho

I'd like to go Monk but then Id have to pull.... which I don't mind and have ever spawn point mem'ed but it gets stressful pulling vs all the eyes. Pullers get the brunt of the toxic stuff while people in group just chat away and have fun.

Did bard a few times too... plus they end up pulling.

Did necro a few times...

Did mage a few times...

Havnt done a shaman high level yet... but all that buffing and healing and cani isnt appealing to me. If they had a passive thing like lich it id go for it.

Tankings fun but for me only with the SK and I did that a few times.

Wizard would be fun and chill I think. They need blink lol.

Maybe wiz or cleric or shaman

I might do Wiz first since caster are OP before melee gets geared.
  12. Beltruckus New Member

Wizards are fun! Think I might try a necro this time around, although the talk about playing rogues kinda got me itching to try, never played one, seems like it would be tough, but adventurous! Rangers and shamans always tickle the back of my mind with a soft play me as well haha. Tough to decide!
  13. MMOer Augur

I did a ranger a few times.... have two epic'ed rangers on TLPs
    You end up pulling or tanking a lot.

I mostly tanked, I kept my gear up and decent MR. Exp mobs are ez to tank if you have good gear and are decent level. Rangers have THE best snap agro... so ez to keep agro.

When they get Endless quiver people beg you to join as dps and its ez brain dead pewpewpew mode which is perfect to me.
    Aenoan likes this.
  14. aelrie New Member

Torn with one week to go. I mained a Ranger on live through Gates of Discord and loved it. So that is tempting me.

I am also thinking either Shaman, Mage, Bard or Paladin. I don't love to pull, and I worry I will be too casual to be a tank and have decent gear. But the idea of paladin and how it gets better each expansion keeps drawing me in.
  15. Aenoan Augur

Gearing really isn't to big a deal. I really wouldn't worry about that. I think of all the choices a mage would be reasonable the only thing I hated about mage early game was all the fire resists lol.
    Rerolling a ranger and trying a difference race is always good too. You may also like wizards too.
    soloing is great, grouping is great, you also get ports which is handy and in later expansions quadding is pretty fun.
    aelrie likes this.
  16. Midnitewolf Augur

I am probably going to play a Dark Elf Necro. I figure it is going to be one of the least gear dependant classes and I want to be able to solo when I can't find groups. Also I have never played a Necro past level 49 so would like to see what they are like at higher levels.

My only hesitancy is that the Iksar are pretty definitively the better Necro at least though most of the expansions I will be playing through. That fact kind of makes me want to roll an Enchanter, Mage or Shaman and use them to twink out a Iksar Necro when Kunark falls but then I lose 2 months of leveling a Necro, playing a class I kind of don't want to play.

As to the Enchanter, Mage or Shaman, honestly the Enchanter and Shaman are still a possibility. I absolutely love Enchanters, at least until the Charm nerfs hit but I have run Chanters on two different TLPs already so it seems a bit redundant to play one yet again.

As far as the Shaman, I am kind of concerned that it is entirely too gear dependant to enjoy playing through classic. I have played a Shaman through level 63 on a past TLP and honestly enjoyed it but I have to be honest with myself and say that I might only have enjoyed it because I had twinked the hell out of it when I started. Having a Fungi Tunic and pre-nerf Fungi Staff makes a heck of a difference at level 1 though probably level 30 or so and I am worried the lack of such gear would remove the fun I had playing it early on. Also if I have to be honest, I absolutely hate the canni spam you have to do and it didn't stop annoying me until I got Canni IV at 58 and even then, I still felt I had to cast the damn spell WAY TOO MANY TIMES IN A ROW!!! If I could skip all the way through to 58, I would probably just main a Shaman.
  17. Midnitewolf Augur

I usually main a Chanter and the biggest issue for non-Chanter Charms is that it is imperative you are able to lower your targets magic resist in order to charm effectively. Honestly having that magic resist debuffed is night and day. Even a Enchanter will struggle if they try to charm without the MR debuff. Without it, probably 50% of the time or more, you charm will break within 30-60 seconds. With MR debuff, 90% of your charms will probably go for at least 70% of max duration.

For a Necro you can get an Orb of Tishan but its magic resist ability is a Proc, not a Clicky so you have to face tank a mob for a bit until you get a proc in order to charm effectively. Necros can get away with this because of Lifetaps but it is still sub-optimal. As for Druids, I don't know if they have something they can equip that is similar but without something to debuff the MR, Druid's who charm are going to struggle massively with charm breaks.
  18. Midnitewolf Augur

It is too bad that those classes don't come into the game into much later expansions. Honestly, if Yelnick allowed all classes day one, I would 100% roll a Beastlord.
    Beltruckus likes this.
  19. Beltruckus New Member

Yes! I really enjoyed tanking as my ranger on p99, as well as fear kiting animals and all the sweet pulls you can do. Plus tracking! Never did get the epic though which would be cool. I would play beastlord day 1 if I could, I mained Shaman back in the day till I found out they were releasing monk shamans with a pet and switched when Luclin released and I updated my computer lol.

I guess now I'm waffling between necro/rogue/ranger dangit lol
  20. MMOer Augur

You should have time for all three in classic at least. So why not all three then make up you mind for raids and Kunark?