For a Bst, Enc or Bard?

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Dr Dice, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Ravengloome Augur

2. Cazmac Augur

I find mob push extremely annoying, especially when boxing. I don't remember it always being like that but maybe I'm wrong.
  3. silku Augur

I find that if you're boxing, a bard is going to be your best bet. If you're spending any time at all doing something on the chanter though.. he's gonna do more than the bard. More dps, more viability, more buffs. The bard is better at setting and forgetting though. Put him in positiion, attack, /melody.. play the others.
  4. Ravengloome Augur

I agree, Enchanter is a high input/reward class

Theres some interesting synergy between Ragged Bite of Agony (returns 10% of damage as mana for the entire group) and Chromatic Haze.... Those 20 or 30k mana returns for the group are pretty nice.

(since he said he had an SK i thought id throw that out there)

However overall, I am going to disagree with you IF your SK is a tank, the bard will be far more beneficial in general then an enchanter (just do to the way SK's self healing works).

45% Increase to spell damage (Lifetaps)
    24% increase to chance to crit heal (Lifetaps)
    Massive increase to melee DPS (2.0/COA chest)

Let alone the net loss of DPS on his Beast lord (chants do good ADPS for them, but its not quite bard level), the damage debt would be quite high and would probably surpass what a chanter twin nuking/charm petting can add.

However Enchanter is pretty much prime for either of the other tanks. (if someone with some understanding of how to use all their stuff is playing it)
  5. Dr Dice Elder

Last night I took out the two songs you recommended for about an hour. Sk went from tanking NP with merc heals to almost dying every other mob. I was in CoTF first zone (Ethereal) finishing merc tasks. That crit heal mod is better than it looks on paper.

Sk just hit 99 last night and hoping to finally hit 100 so I can start buying tier 2 gear off vendor. Have alot of old tier 1/2 VOA raid gear/group gear I need to replace. After that hoping Sk will finally break 10k AC with bard songs.
  6. Ravengloome Augur

That crit mod makes the chance to double crit go up tremendously.

Self healing is a knights mitigation.
  7. TibalMurphy Elder

if you can do it use both...jus saying...but if you want a constant up in dps, go with bard.